• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Swervy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
I'm referring to when Giles changes his line to well outside leg, not his usual line of on leg-stump, just in case anyone is unsure. That line well outside leg is negative, you're basically not going to bowl anyone out (barring an inability to pad the ball away). You're relying on dumbness/impatience from the batsman.
yes you are when an finger spinner is bowling..but when Warne is bowling, padding up isnt so straight forward..even if he bowls a wide outside leg line, more often than not he is attempting to hit the wickets

Craig

World Traveller
FaaipDeOiad said:
Lunch. 5/70 in the session.
70 runs - five wickets, some great bowling, poor batting, unlucky dismissals, lucky not to get out, some entertaining hitting - we have had it all.

And now I will call stumps for me for the night unfortunatly.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
Not true against a leggie turning it a mile. Those are so not easy to play or even to just kick away because you have no idea how much it's actually going to turn.
It doesn't matter how much it turns, all you have to do is cover the stumps.

This injury might actually make Flintoff bat better and properly, which will be good while Geraint is still there.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I was supposed to do homework tonight so that I could go out tomorrow ... needless to say i have done.

Entertaining session leaving the match up for grabs

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swervy said:
yes you are when an finger spinner is bowling..but when Warne is bowling, padding up isnt so straight forward..even if he bowls a wide outside leg line, more often than not he is attempting to hit the wickets
Giles will turn it plenty enough to hit the stumps as well, because it's coming from footmarks, even he can turn it quite a distance. The extra foot of turn Warne gets doesn't make it any less of a negative tactic because both will hit the stumps on occasion turning it from the footmarks and both will be utterly nullified if the batsman pad it away.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Not necessarily.

They just showed something to suggest it wasn't conclusive from our angles, none of which are the same view Koertzen had.
Get out of town.

He missed the ball by about six inches. You really haven't got a leg to stand on - just stop making yourself look an even bigger fool (if that's at all possible).

He was out though - the umpire said so, and that's good enough for me. Unlike you, I accept the good and the bad decisions equally because I am a mature adult.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Giles will turn it plenty enough to hit the stumps as well, because it's coming from footmarks, even he can turn it quite a distance. The extra foot of turn Warne gets doesn't make it any less of a negative tactic because both will hit the stumps on occasion turning it from the footmarks and both will be utterly nullified if the batsman pad it away.
All too easy from the couch, ain't it?

luckyeddie said:
Get out of town.

He missed the ball by about six inches. You really haven't got a leg to stand on - just stop making yourself look an even bigger fool (if that's at all possible).
Just going by what they said on TV.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Get out of town.

* grunts in agreement *

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
This injury might actually make Flintoff bat better and properly, which will be good while Geraint is still there.
But will probably leave us our best bowler short. Looking gloomy now for England.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Well played Aus though, gotta say chapeau to 'em this morning, poor stuff from the umpires.

Hope Jones has still got that bottle top in his underpants that's all I can say.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Good luck with the race tomorrow, Craig.

It's funny to think that, given how things went this morning, England are still in the box seat to win this match. They are, though. It won't take too many more for things to be extremely tough for Australia.

But after being outplayed the first two days, I'm just pleased we're still in this.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
He was out though - the umpire said so, and that's good enough for me. Unlike you, I accept the good and the bad decisions equally because I am a mature adult.
Quite right.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't give Aus a hope before the start of play but now they have a chance to chase a reachable total if they bowl well enough after lunch. Bit of uneven bounce and rough coming into play now though