• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
On the Ch4 commentary they mentioned that both Warne & Benuad think he turned one to Chanderpaul in 2001 (I think) more than the "Strauss ball". Anyone seen that one? Is it true?

BoyBrumby said:
On the Ch4 commentary they mentioned that both Warne & Benuad think he turned one to Chanderpaul in 2001 (I think) more than the "Strauss ball". Anyone seen that one? Is it true?
Yeah, it's true.

Same sort of dissmissal, but not behind the legs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
yea i have the video of that series & yes the Chanderpaul bowl did turn more....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As usual, I just happen to have the footage at hand and in a word, yes. Not by much, though.

Everyone saying Strauss should have played back should watch that ball; Chanders did exactly that and it didn't help him. The fact is, with a ball like that, there is no 'correct' way to play it. Chanders is a magnificent player of spin and it beat him when he was on 70-odd.

Just saw a dodgy, dodgy, dodgy decision against Pietersen..................... He missed it by quite some distance. Hey, his first sub-50 Test score! Should get an award for that. :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
Hmmm... Not sure Koertzen got that one right either - I think it was pad, then elbow. Surely a hard one to say "yes, I'm fairly certain that was out". Don't think I would have given it.

Game's open now. Come on Aussies!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Wasn't in 2001, it was back in the 90s I think, at the SCG. One of Warne's classics, turned an absolute mile, around the wicket and Chanderpaul (off the top of my head) just left it expecting it to go through to Healy it was so wide, but it ripped back and bowled him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
As usual, I just happen to have the footage at hand and in a word, yes. Not by much, though.

Everyone saying Strauss should have played back should watch that ball; Chanders did exactly that and it didn't help him. The fact is, with a ball like that, there is no 'correct' way to play it. Chanders is a magnificent player of spin and it beat him when he was on 70-odd.

Just saw a dodgy, dodgy, dodgy decision against Pietersen..................... He missed it by quite some distance. Hey, his first sub-50 Test score! Should get an award for that. :D
Yep awful decision. Rubbish shot as well, but wasn't out and didn't look out.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Noooooo...

Anyone spouts more nonsense about Englishmen getting all decisions their way and I will turn into a troll. That was nasty to see. :(

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Huge wicket, but at first glance it looked dodgy.
well you got to take the smooth with the rough, the australians and me would argue that he gloved his first ball.......

Craig

World Traveller
Slow Love™ said:
Hmmm... Not sure Koertzen got that one right either - I think it was pad, then elbow. Surely a hard one to say "yes, I'm fairly certain that was out". Don't think I would have given it.

Game's open now. Come on Aussies!
Either way it is a great take.

Slow Love™ said:
I would say justice was done, although not really as you can't take off 20 unfair runs.