• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another dodgy decision - this time our way :D

BTW, nyone that disputes that Gilchrist is the best keeper in the world should watch this entire session. He has been absolutely brilliant.

Slow Love™

International Captain
The first clue it might not have been out (apart from the initial visual evidence) was Tony Grieg's absolute confidence from the ge-go that it was. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
well you got to take the smooth with the rough, the australians and me would argue that he gloved his first ball.......
The point is you give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman. Both should have been given not out.

Slow Love™

International Captain
aussie said:
well you got to take the smooth with the rough, the australians and me would argue that he gloved his first ball.......
Two wrongs never make a right, and even-upperers are bad policy.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW, nyone that disputes that Gilchrist is the best keeper in the world should watch this entire session. He has been absolutely brilliant.
He's had a great match, really. No byes at all and in a match where the occasional ball has shot-through, that's great stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well two wrongs don't make a right & KP could well have had a first baller, but that was an absolute shocker. There's no way the ump could be certain there.

I make Oz favourites now. We need at least 200 (giving us a 300 lead) & I can't see where the runs are coming from. Fred really needs to exercise the old grey matter here.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Dodgy for Australia yeah.

He got 20 more runs than he was entitled to, as he was out on 0.
On 0 he was caught off his jumper.

At least on 20 they got his arm.

Top_Cat

Two wrongs never make a right, and even-upperers are bad policy.
I don't think that's what he was saying. I took it as that England were lucky to get the first-ball let-off that they did. I didn't think he was saying that the umpire should have 'evened the score'.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
Well two wrongs don't make a right & KP could well have had a first baller, but that was an absolute shocker. There's no way the ump could be certain there.

I make Oz favourites now. We need at least 200 (giving us a 300 lead) & I can't see where the runs are coming from. Fred really needs to exercise the old grey matter here.
Well the good thing here is that the time is left in this Test - England can afford to back off for the time being get through to lunch with hopefully no more wickets lost - reasses at lunch and go from there - there is 2 and a half days left, plenty of time

irfan

State Captain
that soooooooo wasnt out(pietersen's dismissal) i dont fink that the umpire can conclusively say it hit the glove on the way through. That dismissal places the game in the aussies favour, good one koertzen

as i type bell gets out as well

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
Another dodgy decision - this time our way :D

Actually, I was just thinking that. The Trescothick edge was a good example... people say the best keepers are the ones you don't see for a reason. That could have been taken comfortably by Warne, but Gilchrist anticipated it perfectly and took the catch on the move without even diving. Brilliant stuff.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
One in the eye for all the Aussie doubters, just shows you one should never count this side out of any game, and certainly should support your team even when they lose a session or two. Great fight-back, happy to have some runs on the board though and it'll not be easy for Aus.

What a Test!

Top_Cat

I take issue with Greg Matthews' assertion that Bell didn't need to play at that; it was only marginally outside leg-stump. How stupid we he have looked if he got another padding-up LBW?