• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
cric_manic said:
Yea i know the test is far from over,save the situation then
well i was more meaning that if he were to score a hundred it would be to win the test rahter than save it, as barring weather, there is no draw here imo

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i dont know about you people but i wont be writing off anyone else after a bad performace for the rest of the series. First Giles (i surely did right him) now Lee (but i didn't write him off) :happy: .

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
superkingdave said:
well i was more meaning that if he were to score a hundred it would be to win the test rahter than save it, as barring weather, there is no draw here imo
Oh yea i see ur point

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Yep, it's hard to tell where England are really, with one of the wickets being Hoggard, it's kinda 146 for 3 and a bit.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Goes to show how tricky it is to write Australia off, even with a hundred deficit (we were behind by 160 at Galle, although we weren't batting last). I'd still favor England to win this (you'd have to), but Australia are actually just about back in it at this point. We MUST pluck out Pietersen early though, because he can take this right away from us very quckly - he's gotten top of Warne too often so far in the series.

PY

International Coach
Craig said:
Forget about England being a spot of bother then?
Hmm, we are in a spot of bother yes but we already have 146 run lead already.

My tears have abated slightly. I'd say these two need to make at least 30 more and then 30 from each of the next two wickets and I'd begin to become confident-ish. :p

Craig

World Traveller
And of course Flintoff is due for some more runs (that apart from Richard the English won't disagree with and the Aussies will want the opposite) and of course Geriant Jones.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Nah, even if he does, he'll get luck & be given not out or something.
Well, so far Shane Warne has gone for four quite ridiculous appeals this morning.

I'm sure you thought that they were all plumb

PY

International Coach
I find myself wondering if KP might have a slightly injured right forearm. I saw him having treatment on it yesterday and he's taken his right hand off the bat several times now.

Obviously isn't restricting shots but might do later on.

Craig

World Traveller
19.2 Lee to Pietersen, (noball) no run
19.2 Lee to Pietersen, (noball) no run, on the stumps and short of a
length, defended with ease

I assume he overstepped?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Is Bell usually a good player of spin?
i guess he would have countered all the mediocre spinners in county cricket very well, but he wouldn't have faced too much quality leg-spin (if any at all) in his career so thats why he's being exposed.