• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
Did someone not tell these idiots you don't have to use your bat to outside leg dross?
Obviously not SP.

Geriant in - he has to stay until lunch.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
I don't think that's what he was saying. I took it as that England were lucky to get the first-ball let-off that they did. I didn't think he was saying that the umpire should have 'evened the score'.
read me very well top_cat :happy:

chalky

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Did someone not tell these idiots you don't have to use your bat to outside leg dross?
I agree just kick it away force Warne to do something differnt.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Err, yes you do. If you just pad and don't attempt to play a shot, it doesn't matter where the ball pitches, you can still be out LBW.

Swervy

International Captain
I am starting to think now that Engalnds only hope of getting to say 150 is for Flintoff to attack the pacemen..I just cant see anyone staying long vs warne ..i am still sure a target of 250 is going to be tough to make

chalky

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, yes you do. If you just pad and don't attempt to play a shot, it doesn't matter where the ball pitches, you can still be out LBW.
No you can't if it pitches ouside legstump

Swervy

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
unless it pitches outside leg stump of course

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
One in the eye for all the Aussie doubters, just shows you one should never count this side out of any game, and certainly should support your team even when they lose a session or two. Great fight-back, happy to have some runs on the board though and it'll not be easy for Aus.

What a Test!
Hey, not going to disagree with that. This is already the best Ashes series since 97, and if it continues like this for three more tests it's going to be the best since 81. Amazing test cricket so far.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Pitch falling apart?
A bit, but it's not that bloody bad. Some uneven bounce and big turn for Warne doesn't make it a minefield. 300 would be a tough chase on this pitch, but 181 isn't anything like enough yet.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err pitches a foot or thereabouts outside leg, can't be out lbw to that. England should be glad of the respite when Warne bowls outside leg, but instead they're making it into an attacking line.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Top_Cat said:
I don't think that's what he was saying. I took it as that England were lucky to get the first-ball let-off that they did. I didn't think he was saying that the umpire should have 'evened the score'.
Yeah, but it's still an attempt to justify a poor decision because a player was previously a beneficiary of another poor one. I don't think aussie was saying the umpire should even the score either, but I wouldn't rule out that it might have been in the back of Koertzen's mind, 'cause it made little sense to give that one.

Swervy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Err pitches a foot or thereabouts outside leg, can't be out lbw to that. England should be glad of the respite when Warne bowls outside leg, but instead they're making it into an attacking line.
i see your point..but it is still a dangerous policy when the odd ball spins three feet..Warne is varying stuff quite a bit out there

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
No you cannot. If it pitches outside leg stump you cannot be LBW (unless Asoka's umpiring, of course)