• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Craig

World Traveller
This shows that Hoggard should bat where he should bat - number 10/11 not being first drop as night-watchman.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Pietersens had his customary let off, so will probably go on to get another 50.
I guess New Zealand umpires hate Australia too.

If you're anything to go by, I'm not surp.... (walks away, muttering)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brett Lee in the midst of a great spell. Good back-of-a-length stuff rather than the too full/too short crap he bowled in the first. He's hitting the deck which is what the English pacers did.

And the ball which got vaughan was a nasty ball to receive early in the innings but he sure did all he could to make it look absolutely unplayable. As for Tresco, well I can think of 4 Aussies who gifted wickets to the English so we'll take that one. KP's first ball............... very lucky but if it hit the glove, gee it was an absolute feather-touch.

Snicko inconclusive. No way the umpire would have heard anything. Based on teh evidence he had available to him, probably the decision of the match so far.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I still can't believe Graham Thorpe was left out of the England side, perfect situation for him here. Surely he'll come in for the next test.

shaka

International Regular
Evidence and replays prove Pieterson did not hit the ball with his glove, so excellent decision by Billy

PY

International Coach
Hmm, snick-o is fairly inconclusive but the replay looks like it was a certain decision.

Craig

World Traveller
James said:
I still can't believe Graham Thorpe was left out of the England side, perfect situation for him here. Surely he'll come in for the next test.
Only he's retired from international cricket :p

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
James said:
100 tests behind him... no, lets select a virtually debutant middle-order.. can't see why he was left out either.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shaka said:
Evidence and replays prove Pieterson did not hit the ball with his glove, so excellent decision by Billy
The only thing the replay proved was that there was deviation and it was nowhere near the body.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
This shows that Hoggard should bat where he should bat - number 10/11 not being first drop as night-watchman.
I feel Giles should be the night-watchman, but I'm not sure I'd have fancied against Warne given how badly those two have played each other. The runs just dried up this morning and as we've seen Tresco doesn't have much self-discipline.

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
Um, right. Sack the coach who's been England's most successful since, what, 1981?
Sorry but three lost Ashes series (as I said if England lose the Ashes), a failed World Cup, VB Series, three ICC Trophy failure's is not good enough.

His role is to help motivate England and get them mentally prepared for the battle - if he can't do that then what use is he.