• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
I still can't believe Graham Thorpe was left out of the England side, perfect situation for him here. Surely he'll come in for the next test.
well in order for that to happen the selectors will have to some how convinnce him to come out of retirement, which is unlikely to happen.....

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
I feel Giles should be the night-watchman, but I'm not sure I'd have fancied against Warne given how badly those two have played each other. The runs just dried up this morning and as we've seen Tresco doesn't have much self-discipline.
All timing and no foot work.

As I once said Giles is England's perfect man to come instead of Hoggard. He can - Hoggard only know's how to block and not look for singles the next day.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pietersen looking good, but he'll be lynched if he mi***** one of these and gets himself out now.
Exactly. Those are pressure-release shots and owing to excellent form, he's nailed them. If he goes for another one and gets caught on the rope, he'll look like a knob.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Pietersen looking good, but he'll be lynched if he mi***** one of these and gets himself out now.
he selected those two ball well though, but you can garuantee SP would be here in seconds

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well it takes a certain amount of confidence to play shots like that in that situation :mellow: . In the word's of Mark Nicholas ``He England's prodigal son``......

Craig

World Traveller
Demolition Man said:
Yeah, because they didn't beat a team they were not expected to beat. ????
Read by earlier post.

I'm sorry if everybody has low standards and accepts mediorce performances.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys, James doesn't need to be reminded by the whole damn site that Thorpe retired. I'm sure he knows that but the inference is that he retired because he didn't get selected.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
One interesting thing about Lee here...

He's got a few balls to tail back in to the right-handers. He's usually an outswing-only bowler (in to the lefties), with his inswingers being quite rare and not moving a great deal... except when he's reversing it. I can't imaging he's reversing a ball this new though.

Craig

World Traveller
In saying what I have said - the match isn't over and if England can scrap to 150-200 it will still be a tough ask for Australia.