• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
17-0-111-1 indeed!

Three for Lee this morning. England on the ropes now. Knowing this match, we've got a century stand coming up.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AndrewM said:
I must say - this is thrilling cricket to watch!

Especially with Warne and Lee bowling in tandem.. and Hoggard continuing to frustrate Warne.

:D
Agree, this is awesome stuff. Was planning to get something to eat but I haven't yet been able to leave my seat.

I hope Bell gets a good innings here, the 70 against West Indies showed he has the ability, I'd like to see him show it against Australia.

Hoggard's on his way now, he did his job very well though, showed Trescothick and Vaughan how to defend against Lee!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh sweet jesus. No sooner does Richie mention Hoggy conentrating on defence than he tries to play a shot. Naughty Hoggy, bad Hoggy! 8-)

KP must be due a failure too. & v nearly a first baller too. :-O

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big appeal against Pietersen first ball, how big a wicket would that have been?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
17-0-111-1 indeed!

Three for Lee this morning. England on the ropes now. Knowing this match, we've got a century stand coming up.
Talk about Calypso Calapso and we dont have time for a century stand lets get england all done and dusted........

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
That's the second guide to slip/gully Hoggard's done... love to know what on earth he's trying to do.

Its just a case of he doesn't have any shots other than in defence, when he has to play any attacking shots he's up the creek without a paddle

Slow Love™

International Captain
I would have been pretty happy to keep Hoggard in there for some time longer, and work around him. :)

Very good bowling from Lee this morning, and he was unfairly bucketed after one poor day yesterday. He's still Australia's second-best performing fast bowler in the series up to this point, and comfortably.

The big question is can we get Pietersen cheaply for once?

Oh bugger, it looked like we might have.... Looked like there might have been some glove in that one. Big decision.