• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where are Vic Othodox and Mister Wright when you really need them?

Straight + fast + no 4 balls = test quality in anyone's language.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
superkingdave said:
similar dismissal to lords, needs to sort that out
Exactly the same dismissal! If a batsman has problems with his defence, a la Vaughan currently, then surely his confidence must be at extremely low levels.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
I must say - this is thrilling cricket to watch!

Especially with Warne and Lee bowling in tandem.. and Hoggard continuing to frustrate Warne.

:D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
didn't look like any movement at all from where i was sitting
Eh? That was the most movement I've ever seen Lee get with a wicket taker in a test match. Incredible ball.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
shaka said:
Vaughan does have an issue with the bowled form of dismissal.
I think he has problem with the ball pitching just on or outside off-stump, he seems to lack confidence to push foward or stay back.

You can beat the Aussies will continue this plan throughout the test series.

Craig

World Traveller
Swervy said:
it is exactly that which annoys me about this place...somebody scoring a matching winning hundred is dissed because they got dropped once...somebody 5 years ago struggled to take any wickets in a series and they are dismissed as a poor bowler..a ball that spins 3 feet and bowls out on of the leading openers in the world is merely an average ball..jeez, even when hayden scores 380, people have a go.

People seem to judge todays cricket by comparing it to highly edited highlight film of tests from years ago. Not all cricket is played at a high level ball after ball, you watch highlights and you watch the good bits generally. Players have always got out to bad shots, its not a new phenomenon...ocassionally we see truely great pieces of cricket..why cant people just enjoy them, instead of ripping them to shreds.

Some people completely miss the point about this game
What I call the 'dammed if you do and dammed if you don't' syndrome. I mean Chris Martin has a great time v South Africa last year and they get dismissed as out of form (which they weren't given the result of their series v West Indies).

(Although he didn't say it then) Some people like TEC can never be satisfied.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Geeeeez this test series is just fantastic, you get up half hour late and i've missed that much :dry: :happy: . COME ON AUSTRALIA.........

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
Eh? That was the most movement I've ever seen Lee get with a wicket taker in a test match. Incredible ball.
It did Vaughan for length and line. Movement not the most prodigious, if a touch of in-ward movement.

Still a cracker to a new batsman.