• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That's about as daft a shot as you will see. Hopefully Gillespie is sent in ahead of Kasper at least...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
Yet again, and as I predicted yesterday, after Warne was getting plumb LBW's turned down, when it came to a debatable LBW decision when England were bowling, they would get it in their favor.
Translation: Things aren't going well for Australia so I'm going to have a whinge about something, ignoring the validity of the decision.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Yet again, and as I predicted yesterday, after Warne was getting plumb LBW's turned down, when it came to a debatable LBW decision when England were bowling, they would get it in their favor.
The ball pitched on the stumps, indications are that it would have hit the stumps. Sayng that, umpiring is not an exact science - unlike Shane's batting. That was EXACTLY dumb.

marc71178 said:
Translation: Things aren't going well for Australia so I'm going to have a whinge about something, ignoring the validity of the decision.
I've been saying it all series.

Including when things were going well for Australia in the first test.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once again, Shane Warne proves that he is a no. 10 at best.

Why wouldnt they put Gillespie in to support Gilchrist?

He cant slog (which is all he'll be able to do if Gilchrist gets out) but defends well.

PY said:
Gilo gets the LBW decision all his way again there.
Nice try but was argument was never that he got each and every appeal given in his favor. That last one should have been given not out, and thankfully this time it was.

I merely pointed out that he gets a high ratio of outs on appeals which should be not out, which remains the case and that Warne get's more plumb one's turned down than Giles.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
social said:
Once again, Shane Warne proves that he is a no. 10 at best.

Why wouldnt they put Gillespie in to support Gilchrist?

He cant slog (which is all he'll be able to do if Gilchrist gets out) but defends well.
I agree, absolutely no reason for Warne to be ahead of Gillespie, particularly in this situation. The argument for sending Gillespie in ahead of Lee just strengthened a little as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, England looking at a 100+ lead now, and that should really be a winning position. Will take a phenomenal performance from Australia to get back into it from here, in one discipline or another.

PY

International Coach
Shane Warne said:
Nice try but was argument was never that he got each and every appeal given in his favor. That last one should have been given not out, and thankfully this time it was.

I merely pointed out that he gets a high ratio of outs on appeals which should be not out, which remains the case and that Warne get's more plumb one's turned down than Giles.
Nice to see you can spot irony. :)

Maybe it's because Shane Warne spins the ball more and umpires aren't allowed to second guess where the spin is going to take the ball.

luckyeddie said:
Never out - pitched an inch outside leg. There goes S-W's theory about biased umpiring.
Nope.

Just because a not out was actually given not out this time, doesn't change the overall percentages and the general theme of the decisions.