• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
social said:
Rudi whatever his name is is really an appalling umpire.

Gillespie's lbw would've missed by a minimum of 6 inches.
Bull, he was on top of the stumps and it hit in front of middle, at most it would have just missed leg stump.

Look at the last ball, swung just as much, hit in front of off-stump and would have hit middle - according to your nonsense it should have missed leg stump.

PY said:
That one out mate? :p

Granted England have had a break with Dizzy but how can you say the other two weren't out? Hawkeye shows Langer's was hitting legstump and Kaspa was plumb as you like.

You stop screaming foul at everything, I'll start listening and debating.
Never said Kaspa's wasn't. Just compounded the bad Dizzy decision as Aus were recovering somewhat.

I don't need to resort to lies about one's that are out, as I have enough to back up my claims already.

Regarding Langers, yes it was clipping the side of the stump, so OK give it out, but also give out Warne's few LBW's which are hitting middle stump half way up.

social

Dasa said:
Koertzen isn't that bad. Certainly not bad enough to described as 'appalling'.
Sorry, but how many mistakes can you make before someone is declared as just plain incompetent?

I suppose he'll make it all up by apologising again 8-)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Anil said:
england has a sizeable lead now...they should win this one from here on...
Yeah definately. Australia will either need to bowl England out for 200 or less with a brilliant bowling performance, or chase a massive total.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
Rudi whatever his name is is really an appalling umpire.

Gillespie's lbw would've missed by a minimum of 6 inches.
I can tell you are upset, and you have my utmost sympathy.

No, really, I mean that. Poor show all round - definitely biased. How much do you think he's been paid?

Still, look on the bright side of things. If your lot actually end up losing, at least you will now have TWO excuses.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
Sorry, but how many mistakes can you make before someone is declared as just plain incompetent?

Jesus Christ, the game's only half over and you bloody whingeing Aussies have started already.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Ah, the pessimism of some of the English fans was in full swing yesterday, I see... :) 407 certainly looks a good score today.

Gilchrist was batting very intelligently there (and proving that comparisons to Flintoff are extremely unfair), and was showing Gillespie the faith he deserves. It's a pity about the Dizzy LBW, but as far as I understand it, the rule says if you're struck in front on the full, the umpire's to assume it was going to go straight on - so I don't see how Koertzen had much choice.

Australia will have to do something extraordinary not to lose this match. I can't see it happening, myself, but it's so often a mistake to write the Aussies off when they're down.

social

luckyeddie said:
I can tell you are upset, and you have my utmost sympathy.

No, really, I mean that. Poor show all round - definitely biased. How much do you think he's been paid?

Still, look on the bright side of things. If your lot actually end up losing, at least you will now have TWO excuses.
You'll notice I didnt say biased,.

He is just plain ordinary.

And BTW, if we happen to go down, it wont be because of Gillespie's lbw.

It will be because England have been good enough to take advantage of an appalling decision at the toss.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie said:
no it wont be that simple.
It should be. If England get over 250 in their second innings they'd have to do something ridiculous to lose from there. The pitch is fine so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do that.

Barring rain, there is little chance of a draw being played out, so essentially England must win this if they are to win the Ashes. Hopefully Warne can come up with something to make up for his idiotic dismissal...

social said:

:laugh:

It's the same problem with boxing judges.

It is not a job for a senile old man.

Samuel_Vimes said:
Yes, Gilchrist made 49, Flintoff 68

(sorry, had to) :happy:
No need to apologise, as you only made yourself look stupid.

Because it was 49 not out, actually. Just a tad important to mention that.

PY

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Ah, the pessimism of some of the English fans was in full swing yesterday, I see... :) 407 certainly looks a good score today.
I'll hold my hand up and say I was one of them. I just didn't think the pitch had anything in it for England's bowling but two things (not the players' talent) have pleasantly surprised me about today.

Jones and Giles.