• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Don't worry, you can enjoy gems such as these:

Thhat's three mistakes in an over :d
Yea, I liked the one I mentioned earlier for 22.5:

Crincinfo said:
22.5 Flintoff to Martyn, FOUR, back of a length and just slipping down
leg, Martyn shimmies across and clips that one past the diving
keeper to the fine-leg fence
What actually happened was Martyn gloved it onto his body and it just landed wide of Geraint and went for four.

PY said:
Have to agree that this is the best line-up I've seen on any cricket coverage since I've been watching cricket.

Does it get any better than Atherton, Boycott, Greig, Slater and the King (Richie).

(Yes I have missed someone out there :p)
Yeah, the best of the lot.

Lord Mark Nicholas.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is fascinating stuff right now. Giles was really troubling Langer, so happy to see him off. Flintoff and Gilchrist is great to watch, and Flintoff seems to trouble him, but Gilchrist only needs a session to turn the match, or an hour to have an influence on it. If these two are still together at stumps, I'd still put Australia in front, batting last or not. Another wicket in the next hour though, and it's a different proposition entirely.

Why anyone would prefer one day (or, heaven forbid, 20/20) cricket to this is beyond me.

edit: Actually, Flintoff is off, not Giles. He sure seems to have some stamina issues.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Have to agree that this is the best line-up I've seen on any cricket coverage since I've been watching cricket.

Does it get any better than Atherton, Boycott, Greig, Slater and the King (Richie).

(Yes I have missed someone out there :p)
Yep. Boycott and Richie are the best there are, Slater is the most impressive of the new Australian commentators by a long way, Atherton and Nicholas are pretty good and Greig is an annoying old coot but the rest make up for him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Vital wicket that. Just when Australia were starting to get on top, just like in the afternoon session with Clarke. England should bowl Australia out for not much more than 300 now, assuming Gilchrist doesn't have an on day.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good ball there, took Langer completely by surprise. Gilchrist/Gillespie (if it happens) should be the key partnership now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure surviving 5 balls without scoring is pressure for a tail ender really. Gilchrist is obviously the key for Australia now, the other batsmen just need to survive. Of course, Warne will have delusions of granduer and want a quickfire 50, but really he just needs to not get out.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Simon...I love you...
I'm sure he feels the same way about you, but a Norwegian and a Brisbane Broncos fan could never hold any sort of meaningful relationship together over a long period of time. It's a forlorn hope, Håkon.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lovely stuff from Jones, really is. Best reverse swing spell I've seen since McGrath got 6 in New Zealand a few months back.

Warne hits a textbook cover drive too. Funny how he can sometimes look so incredibly classy, and sometimes looks like a slogging number 11.

Yet again, and as I predicted yesterday, after Warne was getting plumb LBW's turned down, when it came to a debatable LBW decision when England were bowling, they would get it in their favor.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Not sure surviving 5 balls without scoring is pressure for a tail ender really. Gilchrist is obviously the key for Australia now, the other batsmen just need to survive. Of course, Warne will have delusions of granduer and want a quickfire 50, but really he just needs to not get out.
It's pressure for Warne, if it was Gillepsie it wouldn't be pressure.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
I'm sure he feels the same way about you, but a Norwegian and a Brisbane Broncos fan could never hold any sort of meaningful relationship together over a long period of time. It's a forlorn hope, Håkon.
Jones, not Fitzsimmons. :p