• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

PY

International Coach
I tell you what, that delivery that Langer just had a go at which just missed off was a carbon copy of Brian Lara's dismissal last summer, anyone else think that?

Bit of a turn here for the King of Spain.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite a bit of turn there, beat both Langer and Jones. Another wicket in the next 50 runs or so will put England well on top I think. If these two can put on 100 or so before Gilchrist gets in, I doubt there will be much separating the two teams on first innings.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Reward for some very good bowling from Flintoff. England potentially one good ball (or one bad shot) away from a stranglehold on this match.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Sick of seeing a left-hander edge the ball off Giles for four...
To be fair, England have been playing an attritional game over the last hour and a half, so it's highly unlikely that Giles will get a second slip, no matter how much he's turning it (and there's been 3 edged fours off Giles but one of them was Clarke).

I don't expect that approach to change much after tea - one or two in this Australian side have already shown the same lack of patience as England in the series, and allowed themselves to be 'suckered' out. Top marks for the way England have approached the afternoon session.

Mind you, that's just a snap diagnosis on my part, not having been in a position to watch any of the game beforehand.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Hmm, Channel 4 graphics had Flintoff at 94.4 mph there.
Yeah I was scratching my head a little at that one.
Really going to miss the Ch 4 coverage next year, it really is top class stuff.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's certainly nicely poised now - one more and we're at the tail - could we be back in bat this evening?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
It's certainly nicely poised now - one more and we're at the tail - could we be back in bat this evening?
Doubtful but one never knows. Fred v Gilly should be good after tea, Gilly is due a big score but Fred likes him :D . Test could go either way still, I think Warne may have a say yet.

PY

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Yeah I was scratching my head a little at that one.
Really going to miss the Ch 4 coverage next year, it really is top class stuff.
You got Sky mate?

I'm going to die next summer, how am I going to get my fix? :huh:

PY

International Coach
Have to agree that this is the best line-up I've seen on any cricket coverage since I've been watching cricket.

Does it get any better than Atherton, Boycott, Greig, Slater and the King (Richie).

(Yes I have missed someone out there :p)

Last edited:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
PY said:
You got Sky mate?

I'm going to die next summer, how am I going to get my fix? :huh:
Yeah I have luckily, but their coverage is awful compared to Ch 4. Very sad that the cricket won't be free-to-air next year. :@ It's a disgrace.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
PY said:
Have to agree that this is the best line-up I've seen on any cricket coverage since I've been watching cricket.

Does it get any better than Atherton, Boycott, Greig, Slater and the King (Richie).

(Yes I have missed somewhere out there :p)
Agreed. Im so glad the Tour de France is over and I dont have to watch the Sky feed anymore... Boycott is gold :D

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
PY said:

(Yes I have missed someone out there :p)
And you're quite right to miss him out :D

PY

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Yeah I have luckily, but their coverage is awful compared to Ch 4. Very sad that the cricket won't be free-to-air next year. :@ It's a disgrace.
I can't even receive Channel 5. Arrrggggh, going to have to get me a Freeview box by then.

I can see the Sky dish attached to the wall outside my window, so frustrating it not being connected.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PY said:
I can't even receive Channel 5. Arrrggggh, going to have to get me a Freeview box by then.

I can see the Sky dish attached to the wall outside my window, so frustrating it not being connected.
Don't worry, you can enjoy gems such as these:

Cricinfo said:
56.5 Giles to Langer, bye: FOUR, turning in from outside the off stump,
Langer offers no shot, ball keeps low and beats Gilchrist
56.4 Giles to Langer, no run, comes down the track and gets beaten,
Gilchrist fails to collect it properly and Langer survives - that
will go down as a chance
56.3 Giles to Langer, no run, defended down the pitch
56.2 Giles to Langer, no run
56.1 Giles to Langer, no run, beaten outside the off stump and Gilchrist
quickly disturbs the stumps, question asked and the umpire goes
upstairs, green light flashes