• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Adamc said:
I agree, absolutely no reason for Warne to be ahead of Gillespie, particularly in this situation. The argument for sending Gillespie in ahead of Lee just strengthened a little as well.
Maybe they just want to frustrate the English by sending in the blocker last - bowling might get a bit more lax against the last man...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Gillespie actually plays spin really well. He held out for hours with Martyn in Chennai, and that was on a bit of a turner with Kumble and Harbhajan. He could really frustrate England here, especially if Gilchrist manages to get going.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
This thread is now the most viewed thread on CC in CW's history. And there's still eighteen days of cricket remaining.

Cracking stuff, this. :)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Gillespie actually plays spin really well. He held out for hours with Martyn in Chennai, and that was on a bit of a turner with Kumble and Harbhajan. He could really frustrate England here, especially if Gilchrist manages to get going.
Best partnership ever. Just so long as Gilchrist can play the Martyn role... :mellow:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If Dizzy can hang around & Gilchrist can get going and Australia can get within 25 runs of the 407 i will be a happy chappy.

PY

International Coach
Dizzy gone, a toe smasher and not a very good decision at all.

Sliding well down the legside.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Dizzy gone, a toe smasher and not a very good decision at all.

Sliding well down the legside.
Think I'll wait to see what Hawkeye says rather than Greig. Nice finish from Fred.

PY

International Coach
Shane Warne said:
There we go again.

When will you idiots learn that I have a point. 8-)
That one out mate? :p

Granted England have had a break with Dizzy but how can you say the other two weren't out? Hawkeye shows Langer's was hitting legstump and Kaspa was plumb as you like.

You stop screaming foul at everything, I'll start listening and 'learning'..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rudi whatever his name is is really an appalling umpire.

Gillespie's lbw would've missed by a minimum of 6 inches.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
social said:
Rudi whatever his name is is really an appalling umpire.

Gillespie's lbw would've missed by a minimum of 6 inches.
Koertzen isn't that bad. Certainly not bad enough to described as 'appalling'.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jesus Freddie to special deliveries though Dizzy was a bit unlucky but England have a good lead Australia will need to play some exceptional cricket now to get back into this match now....