• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

twctopcat

International Regular
Shane Warne said:
Neither are as bad as Giles.

Yeah, Warne and Muralitharan appeal a lot, because they are good so deserve LBW's a lot.

Because he isn't as good, Giles actually has more ridiculous appeals than both, when it's pitched outside leg, going past the stumps and hit the middle of the bat outside the line.
Can't say i've noticed, though i've rose tinted glasses and all. Just liked it coz it was an aussie having a pop at his fellow kind, refreshing!!! :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
OK so he has managed one good innings in his career. Whoopy-do. 8-)
Can I just this once make an exception to my August resolution of being all nice and considerate to those who are possibly a little less fortunate than myself in the old grey matter department?

No?

Shame. It would have been frightfully witty and totally over his head too.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
What a day of cricket! A team getting bowled out for 400 in a day?! Anyway, was loving it watching from Sussex as Chelmsford U16's were winning by 1 wicket, Harmison smashing Lee for 6, a 4, then tracking Warne for 6. England are slightly ahead I reckon, but watching the amount of turn Warne got on the first day, it doesn't bode well for the 2nd knock. And what the hell was Ponting doing with the toss?!

luckyeddie said:
Can I just this once make an exception to my August resolution of being all nice and considerate to those who are possibly a little less fortunate than myself in the old grey matter department?

No?

Shame. It would have been frightfully witty and totally over his head too.
Did you speak or did the toilet burp?

a massive zebra

International Captain
Shane Warne said:
:laugh: :thumbs_up :yes: :thumbsup:

Non me, post of the year candidate right there. :clapping:
Thank you very much. :)

Shane Warne and Andrew Flintoff - legends both; not only in their own lunchtime, not only on the cricket field, but also to society as a whole. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Let battle commence....
No, I'm not going to play that game any more. Shane Warne is fully entitled to his opinion, but no matter how annoying he might seem to you or me, I'm not going to take him on just for sport or entertainment. That just wouldn't be right, for he is a human being, you see.

Barely.

luckyeddie said:
No, I'm not going to play that game any more. Shane Warne is fully entitled to his opinion, but no matter how annoying he might seem to you or me, I'm not going to take him on just for sport or entertainment. That just wouldn't be right, for he is a human being, you see.

Barely.
No I'm not.

I'm the bowling machine known as Merlyn.

twctopcat

International Regular
luckyeddie said:

Barely.
Yeah too right, met his kind before, best left alone, especially by someone with a terrible lack of toilet/mum themed riposte's like myself.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Game even for mine at the mo.

Australia put England in...England score 407..Ponting wouldnt have happy with that surely.
Until we see how the pitch (and Australia ) play tomorrow, we have no way of knowing if 407 is a good score or not. My feeling is that it might turn out to be a fairly good score.The wicket is slow,and so sometimes that can be fairly tough to bat on.

The forecast isnt brilliant for tomorrow, but i have heard that it will be ok this weekend.

I have a feeling that this pitch is going to start getting lower and lower and maybe become unpredictabe (the talk of the dints in the pitch is ominous for the third and fourth innings).

Its no good critising Englands batting until we see that innings in the context of Australias batting...407 is a fairly good score..and if England are going to win the series , they need to be scoring quick to bowl Australia out twice....England now have time on the clock AND runs on the board...

You Poms, dont be so negative about everything..407 after day one..think about it
Some of us Aussies(SW)..lets stop being up our arses,and give credit where credit is due.
Yup, agree with all of that. And I bet all those calling for Ash Giles' head will be eternally greatful he's still in the side and available to bowl last on what will likely be a wearing deck.

But yeah, phenomenal scoring day but the pitch is an absolute road. One of the best pitches I've seen in ages. Anything even slightly loose was hittable. A true bowler's nightmare! Well, it will be until late on day 4, I reckon. Until then, the Aussies will be hoping for a 100+ lead or they will be right up against it to save the match on day 5.

On the Aussie side, excellent bowling by Kasper. Good length and movement bowling with the best ball being the one which got Bell. Just held it's line but it was right in the corridor so Bell had to play. Dizzy bowled well in patches and Warne was always threatening.

England, Treco will be mad as hell he didn't get to his ton. He made only one mistake before his dismissal (the no-ball catch) and that shot that got him was a steotypical Tresco out; no footwork, playing at a wide one. KP and Flintoff were fantastic. Flintoff managed to overcome the fact that against Warnie he was struggling (despite two sixes which seemed to me to be 'release the pressure' shots) to bat really well. KP was his 'usual' consistent self. Anyone else want to argue he shouldn't be in the side? He's got all the shots but he's showing Thorpe-like grit too. A BIG ton seems inevitable. And you get the feeling, once he gets past 100, the next 50 would come at a jet-like pace.

twctopcat

International Regular
Here's me praying that Bell doesn't turn into another Ramps, he can't can he?? Wish he would stop getting good deliveries from the aussies that's for sure.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
a massive zebra said:
Thank you very much. :)

Shane Warne and Andrew Flintoff - legends both; not only in their own lunchtime, not only on the cricket field, but also to society as a whole. :)
:blink: This is AMZ, right? The Murali-lover? :blink:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think you will see a major deterioration in conditions from here on in.

There were several balls that kept very low in the last hour (and a few that climbed - notably one from Steve Wayward-Harmison's bat into the stand of course).

Remember that this wicket is two days under-prepared, and has only been 'deadened' by surreptitious application of 3-ton steam-roller just to fool Ricky Ponting.

Not only that, it''s chucking it down now and will be leaden tomorrow - Hoggard conditions.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
And you are as bent as the goal line in your pathetic avatar.

Now go kill yourself.
Look, pal, between you and me, you are heading in a similar direction to that of the other unfortunate wretch who seemed to think that it was 'big' to threaten people (or tell them to kill themselves) on an internet message board.

He got banninated, and good riddance.

Don't make the mistake of following him - just grow up (a bit).