• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
yep and these are the sort of pitches hes been scoring runs on all his career :D
You know, it's really not. Even if you ignore his dominance on green tops in his first class career, hayden really likes pace and bounce a lot more than this sort of wicket is going to offer. If he does make runs on it, he's going to have to adjust his game a fair bit, since you really don't see many wickets like this one outside of England and New Zealand where he has had limited success.

PY

International Coach
Not the first time I've seen the words 'Shane Warne' and 'mother' next to each other and I hope not the last. :p

a massive zebra

International Captain
Ah Freddie.... the great all rounder, as long as it's military mediums or muck sprayers. He stands more chance of reading ancient Hebrew, in the dark, with a blindfold on.... than he does Warne's hand. I await to be corrected.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
a massive zebra said:
Ah Freddie.... the great all rounder, as long as it's military mediums or muck sprayers. He stands more chance of reading ancient Hebrew, in the dark, with a blindfold on.... than he does Warne's hand. I await to be corrected.
Possibly, but he'd walk into any international side today including the Aussie one.

a massive zebra said:
:laugh: :thumbs_up :yes: :thumbsup:

Non me, post of the year candidate right there. :clapping:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
http://www.cricketweb.net/article.php?CategoryIDAuto=1&NewsIDAuto=602

Match report is up. It's not what it could be, but I'll blame my on again-off again internet connection for that. ;)
Absolutely top hole. Disagree with the honours shared conclusion, I make England ahead purely on being asked to bat and making 400+. On the game as a whole it's about 55/45 England I reckon, having the runs on the board. Could all change tomorrow of course.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a massive zebra said:
I think hes got a pretty good cance of putting him in the stands though

twctopcat

International Regular
Nice bit or wry humour from Richie today whilst commentating, saying:

"If Warne had got all the wickets he appealed for so vehemently, Muralitharan would be about 2006 wickets behind by now." :D

Not that Murali is much better though...

twctopcat said:
Nice bit or wry humour from Richie today whilst commentating, saying:

"If Warne had got all the wickets he appealed for so vehemently, Muralitharan would be about 2006 wickets behind by now." :D

Not that Murali is much better though...
Neither are as bad as Giles.

Yeah, Warne and Muralitharan appeal a lot, because they are good so deserve LBW's a lot.

Because he isn't as good, Giles actually has more ridiculous appeals than both, when it's pitched outside leg, going past the stumps and hit the middle of the bat outside the line.

Giles also gets more bad decisions in his favor when he's bowling, than Warne or Murali.

Last edited: