• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pedro Delgado said:
If this wicket doesn't turn Aussie could be in trouble. Word is Mick would've batted if we'd won the toss.
Great start England.
I would've thought that with the reports of a pitch that might be very helpful to bowlers after not long that batting was the obvious thing to do.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pedro Delgado said:
Strauss gone, poor stroke from him playing against the spin this close to lunch. Good spin from Warne though.
To be fair, they'd been positive all morning, and it had worked - a good bit of bowling did him IMO - not going to get too annoyed by the dismissal though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
Warne, as usual provides the best moment of the session.
Yes, but I'm not sure which of Strauss hitting him over his head for 4, Strauss clobbering him whtough mid wicket for 4 or Trescothick slamming him back over his head for 6.

I'll take the first 4 personally - set the scene.

shaka

International Regular
I would seriously consider bowling the aussie captain quite soon, since it is quite pointless going for pace when there is clearly nothing in the pitch today for Bing

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
To be fair, they'd been positive all morning, and it had worked - a good bit of bowling did him IMO - not going to get too annoyed by the dismissal though.
Yep, its not as if every ball was doing that so you can hardly blame him for not expecting it to turn so much. Maybe if you wanted to be critical you could say with lunch so close he should have just padded it away or such.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nice Clarke...

Very poor captaincy from Ponting, very poor bowling from the Aussies, NO yorkers! Not even one! And practically no shorter ones at the body. Crapness. Warne needs to come on... or someone needs to bowl short at Vaughan. Something.

Try a damn yorker.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpaceMonkey said:
Yep, its not as if every ball was doing that so you can hardly blame him for not expecting it to turn so much. Maybe if you wanted to be critical you could say with lunch so close he should have just padded it away or such.
Well he should have just padded it anyway, regardless of the time of day. Anyway at least Strauss played Warne a lot better than last Test.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What? I`d hardly call it beautiful. Maybe if Australia would start thinking.

Ponting - I`m looking at you. Kasper has been alright in patches. Put Warne on! Dammit!