• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're sweeping against him now, also a bit risky as it's a pretty plumb LBW if they miss.

Having said that, Trescothick goes and smashes it straight down the ground for six. So maybe they aren't sweeping him anymore.

_Ed_

Pedro Delgado said:
Watching Channel 4 here. Is Tony Blair in the crowd or summat?
He was talking about what the team management would be saying after losing McGrath...I think...hard to tell sometimes with Mr Lloyd.

_Ed_

Trescothick's highest score against Australia is only 76, from the way he's playing today this innings is a good opportunity to beat that. Saying that might jinx him though!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Sky Sports commentators all get very excited as soon as england start doing well. You almost feel as if they are trying to jinx it.
mate if i were you i would turn down the TV and listen to the radio commentary, those skysports blokes give me an headache, i've had enough of them over the last 5 years.....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jesus Christ 103 in the 23 over, :wacko: has Atherton said i while ago maybe McGraths absense is certainly a factor but records show Birmingham is his least most successful ground in this country, so i would guess even if McGrath have played England may have still have done well thus far in the first session but may not have scored that many runs, but ya never know..........

_Ed_

A very unusual bowling card for Australia.

Warne 6-1-37-0!

The most economical is Kasprowicz with 25 from his seven overs. Amazing stuff.

_Ed_

Great ball from Warne, so many batsmen have been out that way in the last decade. Now Vaughan comes in, not in the best of form (apart from good innings in OD for Yorks between tests), now it gets interesting.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
now that was an top shot for 6 by Tres, must commend him & has i type another 4, # 22 for the morning :-O