• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
Sky sports commentators are so boring and painful to listen to.
Most definitely.

Strauss caught off a no-ball now, wonder if there's anything else that can go wrong for Australia this session, wait and see shall we?

Blaze

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Most definitely.

Strauss caught off a no-ball now, wonder if there's anything else that can go wrong for Australia this session, wait and see shall we?

Warne to get injured?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Haha nothing going right for AUS. This is so not like Australia this morning
Almost as though a completely different side has turned up from the Oval...

Kasprowicz still with no ball problems, almost lost a wicket if it hadn't been then.

Warne coming into the attack - in the 58th minute of the morning.

_Ed_

Blaze said:
Warne to get injured?
Yeah that could happen, he's coming on to bowl now.

Despite Australia having a pretty bad session, it has to be said that Trescothick has played some really awesome shots.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pedro Delgado said:
Here's me thinking these are ideal conditions for swing/seam; damp pitch (it is damp, they did a "plug" test and it's wet through) overcast and warm. This is why scientists dismiss swing theories. Most odd.
Not quite ideal, bit too windy.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Somerset said:
Can't help but feel England would've at least lost a wicket and only have 30-odd runs on the board. In saying that though, with next to no support, would McGrath really be that effective on this pitch?
Well he'd have been the most effective bowler from either team, and would be hard to get off the square bowling his metronome. Your figures would be nearer the mark I reckon.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Yeah that could happen, he's coming on to bowl now.

Despite Australia having a pretty bad session, it has to be said that Trescothick has played some really awesome shots.
Some fairly average bowling giving him the opportunity though - a fullish ball outside offstump deserves to be put away if it's not doing anything.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Pedro Delgado said:
Well he'd have been the most effective bowler from either team, and would be hard to get off the square bowling his metronome. Your figures would be nearer the mark I reckon.
True but with no movement even from Lee I don't think he would've been as effective as the Oval - have to agree that he'd still be hard to score off though.

Good shot from Strauss, taking the attack to Warne.

Blaze

Banned
Sky Sports commentators all get very excited as soon as england start doing well. You almost feel as if they are trying to jinx it.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Sky Sports commentators all get very excited as soon as england start doing well. You almost feel as if they are trying to jinx it.
Can you not get the Channel 4 feed? Or try TMS on the beeb.

Blaze

Banned
Pedro Delgado said:
"Hussain at Brisbane"
"Ponting at Birmingham"

:D

Yeah I thought it was not really Hussains place to have a go at Ponting for putting England in when he was on earlier today.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Na not in NZ, we just get Sky Sports.. I wish we got Channel 4.
Yep, I prefer Channel 4's coverage too - Mark Nicholas and co. are much preferable. Have you tried listening to the radio coverage Blaze?

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
Yep, I prefer Channel 4's coverage too - Mark Nicholas and co. are much preferable. Have you tried listening to the radio coverage Blaze?

Na I can't be bothered.. I usually only watch the morning session anyway so i just put up with it.

_Ed_

Two consecutive boundaries to Strauss in Warne's last over, they are certainly playing positively against him today. The second boundary came from a really powerful shot playing with the spin through mid-wicket, great shot.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
_Ed_ said:
Two consecutive boundaries to Strauss in Warne's last over, they are certainly playing positively against him today. The second boundary came from a really powerful shot playing with the spin through mid-wicket, great shot.
That is such a risky shot, beautifully executed. Just shows you the intent from this England side at the moment, not even waiting for the bad balls.