• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Steulen

International Regular
Somerset said:
Where does it say that? TV coverage?
Ah no, that was in response to Pothas' post, just forgot to check the quote box :).

Apparently Warne bowled some seam-up for Hampshire earlier this year on a damp green seamer.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well Kaspa and Dizzy will bothe have to bowl well to get a run in the 3rd test though Macgill might come in to it as well depening on the pitch

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Steulen said:
Ah no, that was in response to Pothas' post, just forgot to check the quote box :).

Apparently Warne bowled some seam-up for Hampshire earlier this year on a damp green seamer.
Oh right, that'll teach me for only reading half a post I quoted... 8-)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Time for Dizzy to really step up IMO
Yep, definitely. Personally I thought he'd miss out after his first test performance but he's got another chance - he simply can't afford not to take it.

Blaze

Banned
Brett Lee is trying to bowl too full IMO. He needs to string some dot balls together first before going for the kill

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
I realise that - I didn't say he messed the catch up, just commented that it would've given Gillespie a boost.

Yea i realise that you realised that, i was just defending warne :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Aus trying to even up series.

McGrath injures himself playing football

Ponting elects to bowl first on a wicket that every man and his dog says will only get worse

Warne drops a catch

Martyn ******s a ball 1/4 of the way to boundary then steps on rope just to make sure Tresco gets a 4

Good start boys.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Gillespie's bowling nicely I think, but Lee's bowling trash. Wicket isn't going a lot either.

Going to be tough on this wicket without McGrath, unless it turns.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Just as tough for England remember
Certainly. All of the Australian bowlers can get wickets on flat pitches anyway, just noting that there's a tough period in the field now, and wickets will really need to be earned without McGrath or much help from the pitch

Notice the early footmarks? This pitch might well come apart quite nicely later on, and bring Warne into the equation somewhat. For a while though it's going to be very easy to bat on.