• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Steulen said:
Why? Dizzy took 2 wickets with the new ball, Kasper 5 with the old. Australia needs a first change seamer and someone to apply the pressure while Warne works his magic. Kasper is better in that role.

Gillespie is the better bowler overall, but not in the specific role available right now.
You legend!

I was saying the exact same thing today to my best mate... just didn`t get it.

Pick Kasper! (though I don`t think they will)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I mostly agree with Australia's policy of not changing a winning team, but this is a different case. Kasper must be picked, otherwise he is the unluckiest player in world cricket

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
I mostly agree with Australia's policy of not changing a winning team, but this is a different case. Kasper must be picked, otherwise he is the unluckiest player in world cricket
They did change a winning team. The picked Lee ahead of Kasprowicz. He should be back.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
They did change a winning team. The picked Lee ahead of Kasprowicz. He should be back.
Because of special cirsumtances, being Lee's recent form. And now they must drop Dizzy for kasper because of recent form.

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
Because of special cirsumtances, being Lee's recent form. And now they must drop Dizzy for kasper because of recent form.
They didn't have to pick Lee. Australia have been doing great without him for over a year.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah... let`s keep this bowling attack - forever! Mwahahahahah. :D

I get what you mean Kyle. :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Yeah... let`s keep this bowling attack - forever! Mwahahahahah. :D

I get what you mean Kyle. :)
Gee, we've got some evil people here at CW

I know we're you're coming from Kyle

Pothas

Vaughan is a doubt for the second test after being hit on the elbow by chris Tremlett in the nets. He has gonr for an X-ray hopefully he will be ok i know he hasnt been batting well but this would be very bad news.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Pothas said:
Vaughan is a doubt for the second test after being hit on the elbow by chris Tremlett in the nets. He has gonr for an X-ray hopefully he will be ok i know he hasnt been batting well but this would be very bad news.
Oh feck.

Pothas

I dont know if they would just play colingwood instead and keep with the same bowlers or if they will call up someone like rob key

Steulen

International Regular
If he's badly hurt an unable to play, I cannot imagine they'll simply replace him with Collingwood. Joyce is unproven...would be a chance for Rob Key indeed. How the selectors must be ruing their handling of Thorpe now.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pothas said:
Holy crap. Last thing we need, Trescothick as captain. And just as Vaughan looks to have played himself into some sort of nick at Yorkshire, too.

Tremlett you b'stard! :@

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Cricinfo said:
"I've got a little bit of ginger hair. That's what I bring to sides."
Paul Collingwood justifies his call-up to England's Test squad
A classic from Collingwood, in Cricinfo's Quotes of the Moment section. Brilliant. :D :p

Scaly piscine

Why on Earth would anyone want to bring the fat tub of lard in ahead of Collingwood? Key on a seaming pitch (which it probably will be) would be utterly useless.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Why on Earth would anyone want to bring the fat tub of lard in ahead of Collingwood? Key on a seaming pitch (which it probably will be) would be utterly useless.
Key, many would say, is utterly useless on most pitches.

I really hope if England do bring someone else in, it'll be Joyce. Of course, it should be Thorpe, but he's already closed that door.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
"Hi, Robbo? David here, look Mick might not make it so we need you as cover"

"pffffftgnomgnomcrunchgnom"

"Rob, finish the pie and give us a ring back mate"

villaturk

Cricket Spectator
Key aint the answer,he looks out of his depth at test level.Oh how the selectors should of sorted the Thorpe situation better.If thope def wont change his mind,stick with Collingwood.Any more broblems give Bell the whole series and blood him,ne might strugle but it will make him a better player long term