• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Steulen

International Regular
BTW, in such cases I would really like to have the not out batsman open the innings. DJ Pipe is on 22, he's played himself in...keep him going I'd say.

Steulen

International Regular
That actually does make sense. As long as you accept that the result of this match is of no value whatsoever. Which it is, of course.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Steulen said:
That actually does make sense. As long as you accept that the result of this match is of no value whatsoever. Which it is, of course.
Exactly.

It's a warm-up match - and as such is preparation for Thursday. The only possible reason for giving Worcestershire another dig straight away would be to have a look at Tait again if they were considering including him in the test side (which I doubt). There's still one or two batters who could benefit from a little time in the middle, though.

Steulen

International Regular
I would actually think that a Kasper 5-for and Gillespie's 2/45 off 12 overs could have led to taking another good look at who to prefer on Thursday. Apparently not. Gillespie's position in the team must be stronger than I thought. His 50 will have helped, no doubt.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Just 'cause I'm curious - out of the opportunities he's had to enact it, how many times has Ponting enforced the follow-on?

I suppose that he could have been concerned about his bowlers' fatigue, but I would have thought Kasper's pfeiffer might have given him another look, too.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
I reckon Bracken would bowl better overseas. He has done anyway, Tait hasn`t got much of a go.

Bracken in India anyone? :rockon:
not quite, i expect bracken to be even more rubbish in india than he was in australia. he bowled well in ODIs yes, but ODIs are completely different from tests and he got a bunch of seam friendly pitches.

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Don't see what's so bad about 0/25 and 1/46 anyway. Perfectly decent figures, if not brilliant.
how in the world is going at 5 an over and nearly 6 an over, against zimbabwe and WI respectively anything other than very poor?
theres a reason why he didnt bowl his entire 10 overs in those ODIs you know.