• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2004 Thread

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Arjun said:
The Mumbai edition of the Times of India is making a mockery of the Asia Cup. A short while ago, they published an article on player numbers where a numerologist said that he would be surprised if the Indians won the last match because they tinker around far too much with numbers. He thinks they should abandon some numbers (Tendulkar should abandon the 10, for Russian Roulette, or inconsistency, but he is a class player, how can a number change his fortunes? And what about Roberto Baggio? And Maradona?) and adopt new ones. Should honest cricket fans believe this group?

Then that farcical poll "Has marriage affected Sehwag's performance adversely?" Give me a break!

I think the theme with numberchange etc. is bullsh*t...
All rubbish...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
RealPakistani said:
I mean the PCB gives now more reponsibility to the young players like Yasir, Farhat and Nazir who should open for the Pakistani Team...
I think Taufiq Umar and Yasir Hameed could be a great solution....
In the bowling they have also Danish Kaneria and Mohammed Sami, who will certainly more playing in the future...
Then there is also a Umar Gul...
I think at most the future of the Pakistani Cricket isnt in danger and there are some player who also already could be a good replacement for batsmen like Youhana, Younis Khan, Abdul Razzaq and so on...
Something like that i havent seen by the Indians...Maybe im wrong but i ve only seen one talented guy who is available to thrash the etablished player like Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble and so on from their mountain...
In the Pakistani cricket ive seen much more player who have already shown more in the first team than by the Indians...
But maybe im wrong...
Yeah Yeah Yeah, I have heard that before, Pakistan has so much talent and India doesn't and India's future is in danger and Pakistan's future is oh so bright. 8-) There are irfan Pathans in every street of Pakistan, Yeah Right :lol:

RealPk

Sanz said:
Yeah Yeah Yeah, I have heard that before, Pakistan has so much talent and India doesn't and India's future is in danger and Pakistan's future is oh so bright. 8-) There are irfan Pathans in every street of Pakistan, Yeah Right :lol:

I think Umar Gul could be the Pathan , who u are calling in Pakistan ... :p :p :p

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
whatever u guys fight about india and pakistan...in the end Sri lanka will walk away with the Asia cup...u guys are wasting ur time fighting about who is better...SRI LANKA RULES MAN !!!!

warpigs

Cricket Spectator
Swervy said:
what attitude is that
"At first i want to say, that Pakistan will not give everything agains Bangladesh, because they have no more chancen to reach the final...."

that attutude

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
warpigs said:
"At first i want to say, that Pakistan will not give everything agains Bangladesh, because they have no more chancen to reach the final...."

that attutude
How do you know that is RealPakistani's attitude? He is simply saying that the Pakistan team is likely to adopt that attitude, not that he supports that attitude.

warpigs

Cricket Spectator
Adamc said:
How do you know that is RealPakistani's attitude? He is simply saying that the Pakistan team is likely to adopt that attitude, not that he supports that attitude.
i say its the attitude because he makes it so obvious and i did not witness the word "likely" in the sentence.

RealPk

biased indian said:
ya he could very much if he play some game :D :D :D

He didnt come to the Asia Cup because of an injury.. Normally he is in the Pakistani Squad...

@warpigs:
Hm, yeah on the one hand you couldnt know, which attitude i have and i was only putting me on the situation of the Pakistani Cricketers..
They are very dissapointed after performing so well against the Indians.. and now they have to go home after only playing 2 matches in the second round.
And that was it what i thought ...
And yes i understand it that u was wanting to change my attitude, but i thanked u for the congratulation *didntmeanso*..although u dont know me...

Sehwag309

Banned
I think it's all fair, as someone explained in his post

Each team (Ind,Pak,Sri)..Lost to each other. Lemme check

Lanka beat Pak beat India beat Lanka

The 1st round u\is not counted, India lost by 60 runs to Pak (this was due to strategy of b.pt, else could have been diff score). Pak just broke down to 122 v/s Lanka

The last Lanka/India match was close

SO the pak match match to lanka was the worst one defeat of the 3

Nonetheless, its one-day and any team can have a bad day, and as Pakistan are famous for being unpredictable, they paid the price of being very bad on their day and not rewarded for their very good day against India.

I feel, there shoud have been 2 nd round of matches too..all teams playing each other one more time.

TO, Imranbb...You said SriLanka rules...well, nothing new we allknow all Pakistanis have becomes Lankans now. :cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
India lost by 60 runs to Pak (this was due to strategy of b.pt, else could have been diff score)
So India lost by 60 runs on purpose so that they just got the bonus point?

Don't think so!

That is every much as big a margin as the SL was.

Sehwag309

Banned
marc71178 said:

Don't think so!

Not on purpose, but striving to get to 240 1st. Look at all the articles, Inzi knew India were not thinking of chasing the target but going for b.pt and we tried hard to keep them away, but moin khan chance and kumbles 4 made the diff

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:

Don't think so!

Of course India lost by59 rums only coz they played it safe and went for the bonus point ( although they did go realll slow ). Evidence is that Pathan had 9 runs off 37 balls at one point ( and Pathan is definitely not a 25 % Strike rate guy ).....Just coz they didnt choose to throw their bats around , the margin was 59 runs . If they did throw their bats around , the margin could have been more like 39 or 30 runs .

IMO , the Pakistani team is latching on to the 59 run rant ignoring the fact that India had the 241 in mind.( from the time Pathan walked in ) , not the 300 ,and hence did not need to go hammer and tongs.The Pakistanis failed to realise this till it was almost too late for them , and paid the price.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
oh this point issue is still on, i think everyone has had their say and not much new will come out so lets move on. About the final IND should field 2 spinners but they wont, bowling is the worry for IND as it has been for sometime, pathan who has been the fittest and best so far will soon be overworked if IND does not sort out it fitness issues with bowlers. If IND don't thump SL in final they won't get much respect for the win.

Deja moo

International Captain
maxpower said:
oh this point issue is still on, i think everyone has had their say and not much new will come out so lets move on. About the final IND should field 2 spinners but they wont, bowling is the worry for IND as it has been for sometime, pathan who has been the fittest and best so far will soon be overworked if IND does not sort out it fitness issues with bowlers. If IND don't thump SL in final they won't get much respect for the win.

Agree completely , although Kumble hasnt been very effective in the series.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
nehra wasnt bad in the league (SL) match and lankans are handling kumble with ease. so indians should go in with 3 pace and 1 spin attack. keep balaji away from the side though.