• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2004 Thread

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
RealPakistani said:
And i have some feeling that Wasim Akram has trained him :@ :sleep:
He said after ending his career that he will train every youngster bowler in the world so that it will give some more Legends of bowlers...
You must look at Irfan ....His mouth after a good delivery is alike Wasim Akram did...This could also be a proof that he was a long time with Wasim Akram...
Im now already very upset on Wasim Akram even though i dont now the thruth...
What are you on about? Why are you looking for evidence that Wasim has trained Irfan? It's a known FACT that Wasim Akram is Irfan Pathan's mentor, he helped him tremendously while they were in Australia last year. And good on the both of them, it's all for the best.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
RealPakistani said:
You must look at Irfan ....His mouth after a good delivery is alike Wasim Akram did...This could also be a proof that he was a long time with Wasim Akram.....
...what about eyes, ears, hair...?? maybe you should do a bit more research and let us know

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Raj123 said:
...what about eyes, ears, hair...?? maybe you should do a bit more research and let us know

Yeah...I know...
I dont know much about Pathan... I saw him first in the series against Pakistan and then i noticed this..
And because i thought it couldnt be so i thought the searching would be unuseful.
But now i know more..thats why i posted this here in the forum..

But im very dissapointed of Wasim.. He has surely a lot of enemies now in Pakistan for his action with training the bowlers of the arch rival India...
Thats ununderstandable that he has done this...im very sad and dissapointed of him...so every Pakistani would feeling if he now this...
There were some similarity but now i know the truth...oh ****....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
RealPakistani said:
But im very dissapointed of Wasim.. He has surely a lot of enemies now in Pakistan for his action with training the bowlers of the arch rival India...

What's wrong with helping anyone out?

At the end of the day, it makes the game of Cricket the winner.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
RealPakistani said:
Thats ununderstandable that he has done this...im very sad and dissapointed of him...so every Pakistani would feeling if he now this...
There were some similarity but now i know the truth...oh ****....
:blink:
You're acting like he's committed treason.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
NOT AGAIN!

We have had enough of the "Can Pathan be another Wasim" discussions.

Anyway, he should get a few batting opportunities as well. Especially in the first 15/slog overs. A commentator described him as the 'hardest hitter of the ball in the Indian team'. He can hit the ball a long way when needed using clean shots, rather than unorthodox shots or slogs, the way Sehwag gets his. As a batsman, he is under a lot less pressure since he has his bowling to fall back on. An all-rounder is always under less pressure because of that extra skill where he can succeed if he fails in one. Rather than accommodate a seventh batsman who cannot fit into the top-6 of a batting order, he should be played as a batsman, but his main priority should not be building an innings, but just hitting the ball hard. With a few years practice, he could become the Indian Andrew Flintoff or Chris Cairns. He is also a very good fielder and thus a very effective selecion.

Waughney

International Debutant
Arjun said:
NOT AGAIN!

We have had enough of the "Can Pathan be another Wasim" discussions.

Anyway, he should get a few batting opportunities as well. Especially in the first 15/slog overs. A commentator described him as the 'hardest hitter of the ball in the Indian team'. He can hit the ball a long way when needed using clean shots, rather than unorthodox shots or slogs, the way Sehwag gets his. As a batsman, he is under a lot less pressure since he has his bowling to fall back on. An all-rounder is always under less pressure because of that extra skill where he can succeed if he fails in one. Rather than accommodate a seventh batsman who cannot fit into the top-6 of a batting order, he should be played as a batsman, but his main priority should not be building an innings, but just hitting the ball hard. With a few years practice, he could become the Indian Andrew Flintoff or Chris Cairns. He is also a very good fielder and thus a very effective selecion.
The "Hard hitting slogger at the top of the order" has been tried in Australian first class (SA had Davison, WA: Campbell) It only worked a couple of times and what would happen was that class players like Murray Goodwin and Mike Hussey weren't getting a bat and were forced into the slog role that should have been occupied by the guy at the top. Most teams have scrapped that idea now.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Waughney said:
The "Hard hitting slogger at the top of the order" has been tried in Australian first class (SA had Davison, WA: Campbell) It only worked a couple of times and what would happen was that class players like Murray Goodwin and Mike Hussey weren't getting a bat and were forced into the slog role that should have been occupied by the guy at the top. Most teams have scrapped that idea now.
Sanath and Romesh were successful 'sloggers', and so is Sehwag.

The team does not need a hard-hitting slogger, but one who gets his runs in 4's and 6's through clean shots, like Gilchrist, Flintoff, Klusener or Cairns. Pathan is the closest among the Indian bowlers. He bats like a genuine batsman. Besides, if those sloggers fail, the builders would have a role to play. The same players cannot perform all the time.

Waughney

International Debutant
Arjun said:
Sanath and Romesh were successful 'sloggers', and so is Sehwag.

The team does not need a hard-hitting slogger, but one who gets his runs in 4's and 6's through clean shots, like Gilchrist, Flintoff, Klusener or Cairns. Pathan is the closest among the Indian bowlers. He bats like a genuine batsman. Besides, if those sloggers fail, the builders would have a role to play. The same players cannot perform all the time.
The difference is that these players are actually batsmen. Not bowlers who can slog the ball a bit (ie. Pathan, Davison)

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Does anyone know if the final will be available to watch on the net in north america? I know cricinfo only has radio...

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
imranrabb said:
we dont need advice we were the best bowling attack out of the sub continent anyway.

Emphasis on were. The current Pakistani pace bunch need as much advice from greats like Wasim & Imran as they can possibly get.

RealPk

Hm, i can watch India vs Sri Lanka on ARY Digital as i did the whole tournament so...
I ve seen every big match completely..Ary is a really good possibility to watch cricket one whole year (they show almost every tournament where pakistan is included).....
We are now in the third year of watching ARY..

Sehwag309

Banned
Vroomfondel said:
sehwag309, I'll be away from a computer and unable to watch the match. Would appreciate it if you could create a torrent for the match -- I don't know if you can do the entire match, but as much as possible would be excellent.

thanks.
As u can see, I make the highlights torrent

I was showing it on my webcam as well, damn thing runs frame by frame with no audio

But u'll surely find the torrent atleast 24 hrs after the match..lotta ppl wait for the release

Sehwag309

Banned
RealPakistani said:
Hm, i can watch India vs Sri Lanka on ARY Digital as i did the whole tournament so...
I ve seen every big match completely..Ary is a really good possibility to watch cricket one whole year (they show almost every tournament where pakistan is included).....
We are now in the third year of watching ARY..
I think he meant on the NET. You might need to see the web for the amount of jokes on Ary, the kabab king ads..and the awful commentary team

Zee USA will be showing Lanka/SA now..so all set to see Life-Insurance, rice, pickles ads.

The best is Pay-Per-View....very few commericals

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Englands bowling coach is an Australian, not to mention the fact one of the selectors / head of our acadamy is an Australian. Do you think they arent welcome in australia for doing that? of course not.

RealPk

Sehwag309 said:
I think he meant on the NET. You might need to see the web for the amount of jokes on Ary, the kabab king ads..and the awful commentary team

Zee USA will be showing Lanka/SA now..so all set to see Life-Insurance, rice, pickles ads.

The best is Pay-Per-View....very few commericals
Who says, that i was answering to him???
I just said that i will watch the match on ARY...Thats it...
Cant understand you...

And yeah...there are a lot of spots, but we have to live with this kind of media...
Or you pay more money and u will not see so much spots...

RealPk

SpaceMonkey said:
Englands bowling coach is an Australian, not to mention the fact one of the selectors / head of our acadamy is an Australian. Do you think they arent welcome in australia for doing that? of course not.

But Wasim is the highest wicket taker ever and is an alive legend...
Havent you noticed? There is some big difference...between these twoes...