• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2004 Thread

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
V Reddy said:
BTW, Thanks Sehwag309 for those gr8 vids on desitorrents.com :notworthy . I downloaded Ind-SRL , Afridi's 37 ball hundred and Tyson video. They were just superb. Thanks :shocking: :thumbs_up
What you got Afridis hundred?
Cool, can you seed it for a moment ? I also want this century...

Sehwag309

Banned
RealPakistani said:

When I 1st joined that site, that was the 1st i wanted...took me a week to download and then quit , as no seeds

Have u tried Pakistanimedia.com, they have afridi 100 I think

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Sri Lanka 228/9 (50.0 ov) Sri Lanka RR: 4.56

the pitch is turning a lot, and the indians underused their fast bowlers.. then why did they go with a 3 paced attack?? thats a pretty silly move if you ask me.. however crap kumble might be peforming it still would be a better option to take him rather than khan who even though is fit i wouldnt risk of injurying again.. or nehra ...

Meanwhile India just need to take it slow if they want to win this game, 229 in 50 overs isint a lot too ask seeing they bat quite well down. Main threats are Murali and Vass ofcourse, and given the trouble the part time indian spin bowlers did eg Tendulkar and Sehwag.. Jayasuriya will play a strong role and ofcourse they have Chandana as their other frontline slow/spin bowler..

Exciting stuff anyway.. anything cricket is great :)

Just need to get myself another cup of coffee to stay alive..

Sehwag309

Banned
lord_of_darkness said:
Sri Lanka 228/9 (50.0 ov) Sri Lanka RR: 4.56

the pitch is turning a lot, and the indians underused their fast bowlers.. then why did they go with a 3 paced attack?? thats a pretty silly move if you ask me.. however crap kumble might be peforming it still would be a better option to take him rather than khan who even though is fit i wouldnt risk of injurying again.. or nehra ...

Meanwhile India just need to take it slow if they want to win this game, 229 in 50 overs isint a lot too ask seeing they bat quite well down. Main threats are Murali and Vass ofcourse, and given the trouble the part time indian spin bowlers did eg Tendulkar and Sehwag.. Jayasuriya will play a strong role and ofcourse they have Chandana as their other frontline slow/spin bowler..

Exciting stuff anyway.. anything cricket is great :)

Just need to get myself another cup of coffee to stay alive..
Have 1 after the 15 overs :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly gets out the usual way. Why he wants to send himself at 3, I have no idea. He'll only get out for more low scores. He can't play pace and his strike rate has been a weakness. He should go down to 6 in the next ODI series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The strike rate of the Indians as a batting side will only do Boycott proud. Why are they defending so much? They are playing 7 batsmen, so they can take a lot more risks, can't they ? Besides, the names read Vaas and Zoysa, not McGrath and Gillespie. It's about time they free their arms and go for a few big ones.

V Reddy

International Debutant
RealPakistani said:
Sorry I seeded it for two nights but noone was downloading it and so later deleted the file as i was having storage problem. I only have that Tyson video at present and would like to but that thread was closed and so i don't know how to seed it.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Good stuff by Laxman. A long way to go, but indeed a very good drive. A pity he gets cramped by the close-in fielders a little too often.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The strike rate of the Indians as a batting side will only do Boycott proud. Why are they defending so much? They are playing 7 batsmen, so they can take a lot more risks, can't they ? Besides, the names read Vaas and Zoysa, not McGrath and Gillespie. It's about time they free their arms and go for a few big ones.
I think its better to be safe than sorry.. already they have lost 2 early wickets and its just a matter of setting up a good solid base and then looking to attack.. they have time .. and batsmen that way..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
...once again, a lone fighting effort from tendulkar....2-40 and 74....if any two of the remaining "great" batting lineup had played their part, india would have been home and dry... :@

Sehwag309

Banned
The 1st 15 were very crucial...lost 2 wickets and didn't take chances for boundaries which ultimately cost them

If you watching it live on tv, man its some pitch..no one except tendulkar managed a decent score

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Most of you guys are against Alexkumar. But IMO there is some truth in what he says. Eg. Laxman. This guy scores a 100 once every 20 matches against Australia and the matches in between, he can't cross 10. He should be thrown out of the Indian OD team right away. It doesn't matter he is the most stylish player I have seen coz quite frankly whenever he plays in ODIs, he looks like a bunny.

Alexkumar also has a very good point about the openers always failing in finals. The only final where they didn't fail was the Natwest final with Ganguly and Sehwag putting over a 100. And they ended up winning it.

Another good point is about Kaif. This guy has done nothing of note for the past 2 years. Throw him out. Badani is a much better batter than Kaif. And his fielding is not that bad either. Badani performed in all the limited opportunities he got.

India should change their batting line up.

1. Sehwag
2. Ganguly
3. Tendulkar
4. Badani
5. Dravid
6. Yuvraj
7. Dinesh Karthik
8. Pathan
9. Harbhajan
10. Nehra
11. Zaheer Khan

BTW India 148/8. Way to go!!!

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:
If you watching it live on tv, man its some pitch..no one except tendulkar managed a decent score
For the entire innings I wondered if I should believe this whole "devil in the pitch" crap that the commentators were feeding us. But seeing how freely Harbhajan and Zaheer seem to be scoring, well....

The pressure, the whole "pitch is difficult" crap was in the Indian minds. I would have loved to see Australia chase 229 on this pitch.

It's pathetic when Zaheer and Harbhajan are showing the rest of the Indian lineup how to bat.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well...no one said becoming champion came easy.....you have to adapt to the conditions if you want to make a fight of it....and if a team of "batting supermen" can't do it....anyway....the team has been vying with the south africans for the grand prize for the ultimate chokers....i'd say our team is a runaway victor in that category....

anyway, sri lanka made full use of the conditions and all credit to them for becoming asia cup champs!