• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
blackcapsrule said:
Ok guys. Tomorrow night. New Zealand or the Windies to win?
Im guessing NZ by a reasonable margin.
I'll pick NZ, but one of our bowlers needs to fire or else Lara, Sarwan and Gayle will cause a great deal of damage.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
MoxPearl said:
anyone know what the weather is suppose 2 be like ?
Apparently better but a light band of showers will pass over on sat but that wont be enough to call the game off. So both games should be ok

Neil Pickup

MoxPearl said:
anyone know what the weather is suppose 2 be like ?
What I've heard is torrential rain coming from the SW over Saturday - hence my "no game" prediction - Sunday should be fine, though.

anzac

International Debutant
blackcapsrule said:
Yes, Flem is our trump card to winning matches. If he scores big we win. It's as simple as that.
however still a case of having all our eggs in 1 basket - the rest of the lineup needs to contribute on a regular basis..........

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol NZ by a considerable margin!? have you even been watching the warm-up results blackcapsrule?

It'll be a close affair I believe.

Craig

World Traveller
Trust it to be pouring down with rain in Greater Manchester.

My predication:

WI 224/6 (50)
NZ 225/4

tooextracool

International Coach
so we've got 4 openers(not including powell), 1 middle order player, 1 keeper-batsman and rikki clarke(remember reverse sweep?) and tresco says that they might give jones a go at the top of the order.....where exactly is the balance of our side?

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Well there's no play at the moment.....i think it will be close but honestly io thik that NZ will win......,many of our players are not accustomed to english conditions and may struggle at first before getting better.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Revelation said:
Well there's no play at the moment.....i think it will be close but honestly io thik that NZ will win......,many of our players are not accustomed to english conditions and may struggle at first before getting better.
Is play scheduled to start as yet? I thought it was at 7am our time.

If there is play, I think it will be a tight game as well. Both teams have had poor warmup games, but the West Indies were more convincing more regularly. The bowling isn't amazing, but it's been ok.