• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

chris.hinton

International Captain
Bell has a Lot of Tecnique problems. And i dont know why neil Pickup is Complaning in another topic he BACKS every selectors Move

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is irrelevant to the Natwest Series..but I've just been told that Tim McIntosh is going to be playing in Canterbury next season.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Yea that got annouced a while ago, So is Richard Sherlock.
Some guy called Greg Todd is coming to Otago.
When are the domestic contracts being annouced?

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
That's IMO underestimating the rest of the team. We've still got Harmo, Vaughan, etc...
yes vaughan with an average in the 20s must really be sending shivers down their spines.
we've effectively lost 3 players,our best batsman,best bowler and our cleanest hitter. add to that the prospect of having rikki clarke in the starting lineup(which seems almost certain ATM) and we end up playing with only 10 players

tooextracool

International Coach
chris.hinton said:
Bell has a Lot of Tecnique problems
and have you seen solanki's technical faults?

chris.hinton said:
And i dont know why neil Pickup is Complaning in another topic he BACKS every selectors Move
well the recent ODI selections especially the dropping of chris read are nothing short of stupid

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chris.hinton said:
Bell has a Lot of Tecnique problems. And i dont know why neil Pickup is Complaning in another topic he BACKS every selectors Move
Please learn to read - I said I've understood (not backed) the moves.

And in this case, I can understand as well because Vaughan is seemingly unwilling to open in ODIs, and with Tresco out we wanted opening cover.

Mingster

State Regular
blackcapsrule said:
True, but Sinclair has more big scores in Tests. 214 and 204, he doesn't play silly shots like Macca.

Sinclair went though 20 innings without going over 20. Says alot.

tooextracool

International Coach
it isnt very hard to understand the reasoning behind picking clarke and powell. powell was picked as a replacement opener while clarke was picked because he is considered by the selectors to be an all rounder in the mould of flintoff. however the reasoning behind the clarke decision is just as faulty as the one behind dropping read.....

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm actually thrilled by the washout. I came home and saw no cricket on and thought that they weren't covering it live. To my delight, they are. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tim said:
How can you be thrilled Liam...both NZ & Eng get points out of the match.
Let them take their points. It just makes West Indies' performance all the more spectacular when they win it all.