• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

Kent

State 12th Man
Hooray! England virtually all out for 30!

Well, that's what Cairns thinks. Maybe he'll deign the bowling crease now....

Piper

International Captain
Cairns might be right with the way England are playing at the minute! Does anyone know that score at the minute

Loony BoB

International Captain
England innings (50 overs maximum) R B 4 6
ME Trescothick b Oram 14 19 3 0
*MP Vaughan b Franklin 12 18 2 0
+GO Jones b Oram 5 11 0 0
AJ Strauss not out 1 7 0 0
PD Collingwood not out 0 2 0 0
Extras (lb 2, nb 3) 5
Total (3 wickets, 9 overs) 37

To Bat: A McGrath, ID Blackwell, AF Giles, D Gough, SJ Harmison,
JM Anderson.

Piper

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
England innings (50 overs maximum) R B 4 6
ME Trescothick b Oram 14 19 3 0
*MP Vaughan b Franklin 12 18 2 0
+GO Jones b Oram 5 11 0 0
AJ Strauss not out 1 7 0 0
PD Collingwood not out 0 2 0 0
Extras (lb 2, nb 3) 5
Total (3 wickets, 9 overs) 37

To Bat: A McGrath, ID Blackwell, AF Giles, D Gough, SJ Harmison,
JM Anderson.
Thanks Loony BoB, see i knew he was right

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Strewth, what is it about England and ODI's? You'd have thought they would have learnt from Saturday, but I'm struggling to imagine a less intelligent set of dismissals than the 3 we've seen today. Brainless *****, IMHO.

Piper

International Captain
wpdavid said:
Strewth, what is it about England and ODI's? You'd have thought they would have learnt from Saturday, but I'm struggling to imagine a less intelligent set of dismissals than the 3 we've seen today. Brainless *****, IMHO.
You said it wpdavid! They never play well In ODI's.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And Collingwood's shown he's got the hang of it with a truly awful swipe to hand the Kiwis their 4th wicket. Maybe they think this is a 20/20 game?

It really is bizarre. At the time, I couldn't remember a worse England ODI innings than what we saw against WI, but that one's looking like a golden age now. Perhaps we could just stop playing the 50 over stuff - it's getting embarrasing now.

tooextracool

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
England team:
*MP Vaughan, ME Trescothick, +GO Jones, AJ Strauss,
PD Collingwood, A McGrath, ID Blackwell, AF Giles, D Gough,
SJ Harmison, JM Anderson.
simply brilliant selection that.....while NZ bats till no 11 we bat till no 5!

Piper

International Captain
We will never have a really good batting side if we can only bat to number 5 while the rest of the world bat to number 9 and below

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to avoid posting for now as I can't think of much to say that doesn't contain approximately 65% expletives.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Something has to be done about the batting. Vaughan's record opening against a white ball is dire, and he's probably being wasted in that position. He would also add a bit of quality to the middle order. I'd be happy to see someone like Key opening with Tresco and batting "normally" so that we at least get a start.

Piper

International Captain
Yeah i think someone like Key would be good, especially with all those first class 100's hes had already this season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant. 4 wickets down for 50 and Strauss decides to hole out. Can't see us making 100 now.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
im enjoying this game :)

Althou its 2:45am.. and i have a presentation in the morning at 10am.. and the cricket finishes at 8am.. oh well cricket is more important!!

lol first boundry in 12 overs...