• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
well looking at one of the players who was picked, my guess would be that he should be in terrible form, show no potential and play for surrey......

But Butcher's not been picked? :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sulphate said:
I'm about 4 miles from the ground and its lashing it down atm, so I can't see there being any play tbh. :@

I was about a mile and a half away with a ticket :(

Still, we did decide to drink as if we were there whilst playing ICC.

My England made 450 against my mate's NZ side - can we claim the points? ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Trust it to be pouring down with rain in Greater Manchester.

It was more on and off showers with the odd bright spell, but not enough to dry the pitch.

It's amazing they played there on Friday to be honest!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kent said:
Given that the ball has seamed all over the place, I guess the good people at Edgbaston were looking for the same awful tricks NZ deliberately pulled on India. 8-)
Why would we do that in a game that doesn't involve England?

Could it be the overhead conditions?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer said:
I have only one solution ..... That is to bring back "the venerable" Thorp at least for another year ...... the rookies can learn their craft by batting around him and his prescence will no doubt help thier cofidence and grooming.
He's retired!!!!!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
it would be funny if NZ got to the final through all their games being called off due to rain...well not really, but I wonder if that has ever happened before?

Kent

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Why would we do that in a game that doesn't involve England?
Exactly. England are allowed to produce dirty little green seamers from time to time. Everyone knows the weather isn't always ideal for groundsmen.

When it's NZ though, look out! I've lost count of the 'experts' who accused us of doctoring pitches to suit our inferior talent.

Kent

State 12th Man
Jack9187 said:
According to Sky Sports News, Chris Harris will be starting in place of Tuffey in the next match. Any idea why?
I read Tuffey was struggling with an injury. Another one. A new one the management actually confirms exists!

Kent

State 12th Man
Yes, Tuffey out, Harris in -
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2956398a1823,00.html

Some interesting comments coming from Chris Cairns. He says they'll try to exploit Harmison's unproven ODI record, and that England's loss to the Windies just shows how much Vaughan and Trescothick are the keys to England's batting.

I don't care what colour of ball he's using - if NZ try to go after Harmison it makes me pretty nervous. I'd rather have Fleming seeing him off, rather than Styris, McMillan and Cairns getting their macho juices flowing.

As for the batting, Cairns seems like he's not paying much respect to the abilities of Strauss and Jones. Admit it Cairnsy...who would you least want in your top 6 - Strauss, Jones or McMillan?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been a little bit annoyed with Cairns..it seems every time I see comments from him in the paper he's talking NZ up & how they're going to do this & that.

Andre

International Regular
Tim said:
I've been a little bit annoyed with Cairns..it seems every time I see comments from him in the paper he's talking NZ up & how they're going to do this & that.
What colour is that kettle again mate? :p :D

Mingster

State Regular
Less wanted out of Jones, Strauss and McMillan?

Jones thanks. The Pom has an unproven ODI and domestic limited overs track record.