• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Was it Nari Contractor ? :D

This is the 6000th post on this thread !!! :clapping: :cheers: :band: :clap: :rockon: :partytime :happybday

Congratulations (and Thanks) to everyone on this Forum in General who participate on this thread and keep it going very strong !! In Particular I would like to pay Tribute to SJS , Burkey 1988 , Tapioca, Archie Mac,Somerset, Biased Indian , Boy Brumby, Baconator, Memberstand, Jamee999 and many others who keep this thread going so strong !!
It has (if I am not mistaken ) become the second highest posted thread on this forum ever after the Ashes thread which had over 10,000 posts in it,

Remarkably (obviously by the nature of this trivia) it has over taken the "Can you beat the Cricket Guru " thread despite that thread having been in existence longer on this forum !!

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Was it Nari Contractor ?......NO

PS. And the GURU thread is fast approaching the 6000 mark. Considering that this thread was really born out of that one, it's almost like they were one thread.

Great contributions by Jason and Tapioca (veterans) Archie and Burkey (more recently) besides others. I wish Pratyush , the father of all this would participate more often though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
PS. And the GURU thread is fast approaching the 6000 mark. Considering that this thread was really born out of that one, it's almost like they were one thread.
Yeah both threads add to brilliant trivia on CW.

Great contributions by Jason and Tapioca (veterans) Archie and Burkey (more recently) besides others. I wish Pratyush .. would participate more often though.
I look at the questions and if I dont know stuff instantly I just close the threads.. I will make it a point to participate more now though.. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was involved, directly or indirectly, in the premature end of one of the most exciting test careers. I have something in common with a CW poster !!

Who am I and whose career are we talking of ??

Q1. Did the players career end before WWl?....NO
Q2. AG Kripal Singh and Subhash Gupte ?.....NO
Q3. Is the player English?.....NO
Q4. Is the member Australian?.....NO
Q5. The individual who was involved in cutting short the most exciting career, was he Australian ?.....NO
Q6. Was the Individual whose career was cut short Australian ?....NO
Q7. Was the career ended because of a suspect action?.....NO
Q8. Was it Nari Contractor ?......NO

HINT # 1 : One of the two (the player whose careeer was cut short or the individual wh was involved in it being cut short) was an Indian !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q10. Was the guy whose career ended prematurely over 30 years of age when the incident happened ?.....NO

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
>> If no, is the victim a West Indian ?

If yes, does the CW poster who is the subject of this question use his initials as his nickname ? :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
>> If no, is the victim a West Indian ?

If yes, does the CW poster who is the subject of this question use his initials as his nickname ? :D
Okay you got it rest is your usual tickling with a feather :)

PS The CW member doesnt use the Indian cricketer's initials, he uses his own :@ They just hapen to have the same name :p

Your turn

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Roy Gilchrist was sent home from the tour of India in 1958/59 after he bowled beamers at the North Zone batsman Swaranjit Singh. Swaranjit happens to be SJS' first name :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Here is the storyBeamed Into Exile of Gilchrist who was sent back for beaming an Indian first class cricketer and of Swaranjit Singh who quit first class cricket, it is claimed due to this incident.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Four batsmen who are connected by a similar record -

1. An early Indian cricketer
2. A South African
3. A post war Englishman
4. An Indian batsman

Who and what is/are the record(s) ?