• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

archie mac

International Coach
Sounds like Tapi has this one worked out, shall leave it for him and work on the GURU thread, as that one is annoying me :@

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Hmm. I didn't want to ask another question :wacko:

The subject of this question is Arjan Kripal Singh, the son of AG Kripal Singh and grandson of AG Ram Singh, theirs is one of the most distinguished cricketing families in India.

Arjan scored 302* against Goa in 1988/9. WV Raman hit 313 in the same innings, and this is the only time when two triple hundreds were scored in the same first class innings

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/f/37/f37482.html

PS : Has there been any instance of two triples scored by opposing batsmen in the same fc match ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Hmm. I didn't want to ask another question :wacko:
Okay here is something different.

I was involved, directly or indirectly, in the premature end of one of the most exciting test careers. I have something in common with a CW poster !!

Who am I and what career are we talking of ??

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Okay here is something different.

I was involved, directly or indirectly, in the premature end of one of the most exciting test careers. I have something in common with a CW poster !!

Who am I and what career are we talking of ??
Did the players career end before WWl?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Was the cricketer from Australia ?

If not , then consider this - Was he from India ?
Which one are you refering to ? Both could be cricketers you know :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Which one are you refering to ? Both could be cricketers you know :)
OK, how about this -

Since you have already said CW poster is not Australian, my question is with regard to the Individual at the centre of this question.
The individual who was involved in cutting short the most exciting career, was he Australian ?

Was the Individual whose career was cut short Australian ?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If the above are both Australians then only consider this -

Is it Umpire AN Barlow who ended the career of Eddie Gilbert (aboriginal cricketer) ?

or Colin Eager who ended the career of Ian Meckiff ? :D

Actually ignore first part as Eddie never played Test Cricket . :D