• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Is it one of these authors?

Ross
Mason
Gibson
Arlott

No good about your trip, but maybe you will see some cricket now :)
Q5. Is it one of these authors?

Ross
Mason
Gibson
Arlott

.....NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
No good about your trip, but maybe you will see some cricket now :)
Yes I was looking forward to it. I am going to be in Londin in December.

BTW, there is some development on my cricket academy. I have a proposal to start one in Delhi by a senior division club I used to play for once. So I will get a place equipped with three practice wickets, a superb ground and a team which is playing good cricket.

I will be going to Delhi next week to discuss details. If it works out, I may start working on it from mid 2006 itself :)

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Yes I was looking forward to it. I am going to be in Londin in December.

BTW, there is some development on my cricket academy. I have a proposal to start one in Delhi by a senior division club I used to play for once. So I will get a place equipped with three practice wickets, a superb ground and a team which is playing good cricket.

I will be going to Delhi next week to discuss details. If it works out, I may start working on it from mid 2006 itself :)
That sounds great, good to see someone follow through on a dream :)

As for the Q I am thinking someone like AA Thomson?

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
:)
When you are ready to ask, let me know :sleep:
Okay I thought you might give me the authors name, so I would not have to go through all of his books, but as usual you are to smart to fall into my trap :p

This is my answer

Author= A.A. Thomson
Book= Pavilioned In Splendour
Name Blanked Out= CB Fry

I am yet to read this one, from surely the most underated of all the great cricket writers.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Okay I thought you might give me the authors name, so I would not have to go through all of his books, but as usual you are to smart to fall into my trap :p

This is my answer

Author= A.A. Thomson
Book= Pavilioned In Splendour
Name Blanked Out= CB Fry

I am yet to read this one, from surely the most underated of all the great cricket writers.
Second complete answer in two days !!

Your turn.

PS I think he is a great writer. I am a collector of his books as I am with those of Cardus.

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Second complete answer in two days !!

Your turn.

PS I think he is a great writer. I am a collector of his books as I am with those of Cardus.
I managed to pick up a copy of Cardus' Days in The Sun. With a dust jacket :)

Name the blank and why?

Steve Waugh, Bill Lawry, ????, Richie Benaud, Ian Johnson.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I managed to pick up a copy of Cardus' Days in The Sun. With a dust jacket :)

Name the blank and why?

Steve Waugh, Bill Lawry, ????, Richie Benaud, Ian Johnson.
Q1 Does it have to do with Aussie Captaincy ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it to do with results of matches they played in ? :D

Is it to do with the games they led their country ? :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
Is it to do with results of matches they played in ?No

Is it to do with the games they led their country ? Sort of

By the way where have you been?