• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Patron of Australia?

Dunno what it is though...
NO Nothing to do with Australia.

In fact I am sorry I was wrong about the school being named after a Patron Saint.!! :)

Its named after just a saint ! (not of the patron variety) :p

Patron Saint of Australia and New Zealand I am told is Virgin Mary herself !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Clue - One of the schools in Australia who have played in a over 100 year fixture is also named after a saint ! :D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Archie you've got one school right , and that's my old school, so I am grateful !! :D

That's the great Sri Lankan educational Instituition known as Royal College.

But the other school is not Trinity . It is named after a Patron Saint !!

Royal v Trinity would be the correct answer if the question related to the longest traditional Rugby Fixture in Sri Lanka !! :D
St. Thomas.

I imagine the Aust one involves Scotch College?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
St. Thomas.

I imagine the Aust one involves Scotch College?
Royal Thomian (Royal v St.Thomas) cricket Match is the World's longest Unbroken Cricket Fixture going on uninterrupted since 1879 !! Thats an unbroken period of 126 years !!

Eton Harrow which has been going on since 1805 is the longest cricket fixture in history albeit interrupted by the Wars.

The Australian one does not involve Scotch College !! Think further South and a Saint at the Pearly Gates who plays a Prince (Jason getting cryptic like Archie) :laugh: :laugh: !! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
In Melbourne, St. Peters college V Geelong?
Never heard of a Prince Geelong !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Geez Archie, that's a first timer for me !! :laugh:

As I said before, look further South , in the next southern State ! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Prince Alfred?
Well Done Archie !!

Adelaide's Prince Alfred college and St.Peters college (proper name - The collegiate school of St.Peter :laugh: ) have been playing an Annual Cricket Fixture since 1878 .(Although again interrupted by the Wars ) !!

I guess its now your turn !! :sleep:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Well Done Archie !!

Adelaide's Prince Alfred college and St.Peters college (proper name - The collegiate school of St.Peter :laugh: ) have been playing an Annual Cricket Fixture since 1878 .(Although again interrupted by the Wars ) !!

I guess its now your turn !! :sleep:
3 Q in one, now that was hard work 8-)

What unique thing do Clem Hill and Herbert Sutcliffe share?

I am sure some other players share this, but I do not know of them :(

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
3 Q in one, now that was hard work 8-)

What unique thing do Clem Hill and Herbert Sutcliffe share?

I am sure some other players share this, but I do not know of them :(
Is it a cricketing similarity ?
If yes
Does it have to do with scores in the 90's ?

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Is it a cricketing similarity ?
If yes
Does it have to do with scores in the 90's ?
I thought some one may go down the 90s road because of Clem :D I wa going to make it Hill and Slater but I know their is to much knowledge on this site :-O

But no it has nothing to do with Cricket as such. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I thought some one may go down the 90s road because of Clem :D I wa going to make it Hill and Slater but I know their is to much knowledge on this site :-O

But no it has nothing to do with Cricket as such. :)
Is it a family thing ?

If not, is it a place thing ?

archie mac

International Coach
Q2 Is it a family thing ? no, but maybe the family are at fault (cryptic clue)

Q3 If not, is it a place thing ? no

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Q2 Is it a family thing ? no, but maybe the family are at fault (cryptic clue)

Q3 If not, is it a place thing ? no
Is it something that happened before their debuts ?

archie mac

International Coach
Q4 Is it something that happened before their debuts ? This is a hard Q to answer, they discovered this after their 1st class debuts at least, not sure if it was after their Test debuts though.

archie mac

International Coach
Q6 Were they adopted? No though Sutcliffe was raised by an aunt. And Hill was from a large family, which is why this unusual thing came about I suppose