• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Frank Iredale - Thirty-three years cricket ?
Well done Jason, I thought I was going to 20 Qs with this one.

Your turn. I am off to watch the Cricket, Aussie Rules, and might turn back for the League scores during the adds :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

3 Annual Traditional cricket Matches between Rival schools in 3 countries have been going on for over a hundred Years !! One of them has the record of being the Longest Unbroken Cricket Fixture in the history of Cricket !!
Name this School Cricket encounter !!

Bonus question (not for the win) Name the three above mentioned Cricket Matches and the schools - (and if possible when they started playing the Traditional Matches !!)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

3 Annual Traditional cricket Matches between Rival schools in 3 countries have been going on for over a hundred Years !! One of them has the record of being the Longest Unbroken Cricket Fixture in the history of Cricket !!
Name this School Cricket encounter !!

Bonus question (not for the win) Name the three above mentioned Cricket Matches and the schools - (and if possible when they started playing the Traditional Matches !!)
Quick guess- Eton V Harow?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Quick guess- Eton V Harow?
No !! Note the words - Longest Unbroken period !! Eton v Harrow was interrupted by the Wars !!

But it is certainly one of the three !! And It is the longest ongoing Cricket Fixtures, with first games being noted to be played around 1805 !!

The one I am after was unbroken even through the Wars !!

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Eton vs Harrow?
Sorry , didn't see your post above Archie's. As you can see not the correct answer.

Eton v Harrow is the longest ongoing Cricket fixture now in its 200th year since inception.
But it was interrupted by the wars .

There were 2 other fixtures in 2 other countries which are over 100 years old, one of which is the longest uninterrupted Fixture !! :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I was thinking Aussie or Kiwi land, because they were further away from the physical war (but very nicely helped us out)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Was the Country Sri Lanka?
Q2 Was the country Sri Lanka ? Yes

And it involves my old school !!

* School song -
Thy spirit first to life awoke in 1835 when Hartley,Harvard, Marsh and Boake,
thenceforth did Lanka's learning thrive,
School where our fathers learnt the way before us,
learnt of Books and learnt of men and we will do the same !!
True to our watch word "Disce aut Discede"
We will learn of books and men and learn to play the game* :happy: :happy:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
I was thinking Aussie or Kiwi land, because they were further away from the physical war (but very nicely helped us out)
Hint - the third is Australian , but the answer to the question is a Sri Lankan fixture. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Royal V Trinity?
Archie you've got one school right , and that's my old school, so I am grateful !! :D

That's the great Sri Lankan educational Instituition known as Royal College.

But the other school is not Trinity . It is named after a Patron Saint !!

Royal v Trinity would be the correct answer if the question related to the longest traditional Rugby Fixture in Sri Lanka !! :D