• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
No . never heard of Allott chips !! :laugh: :laugh:

Think of a brand of chips that comes in a cylindrical container and now comes in pizza, barbecue and original flavours and is thin and crispy!! yum.... :laugh:

Pringle? Just for the record I like cheese twisties :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Pringle? Just for the record I like cheese twisties :D
Derek Pringle it was !! Peter May had great ambitions for Derek Pringle - and it was even said that he thought of Derek as the son he never had (having had 4 daughters himself) and had wished for him to become the suitor to one of his daughters !! But alas Derek disappointed him or at least things did not work out !!

If only they had worked out , we would today be talking of one of England's former Captains Derek Pringle who by now may have become a Chairman of selectors too, like Peter May and Arthur Gilligan before him. :D

'tis fate ! :happy:

Archie Mac it is now your turn to ask next question !! :happy:

archie mac

International Coach
Who am I?

I was one of the last batsman whose batting style was desribed as the 'Malvern Style', I captained England but only on a good will tour. I would have captained England (I think) had I not knocked back the deputy captain spot on a tour of Australia. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Who am I?

I was one of the last batsman whose batting style was desribed as the 'Malvern Style', I captained England but only on a good will tour. I would have captained England (I think) had I not knocked back the deputy captain spot on a tour of Australia. :)
Did he play before WW 1 ?

If not then consider this,

Did he play between WW 1 and 2 ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Errol Holmes

If this is correct, I pass my opportunity to ask next question as I will be going away soon. :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Name the Yorkshire Mad man and TV personality who also wrote a book on cricket set in Yorkshire !! What is the book called ? :laugh: :laugh:

This fella runs a TV chat show where he calls up great and famous Public figures and thus jacks up his TV ratings (something any donkey's uncle can do and fills part of the TV time by laughing and chuckling ) :D :laugh: :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Is he a born and bred Yorkshireman?
Q1 Yes . Although I believe he lives with his Yuppie clan near the Thames . (And gets flooded when the rains come down heavily ) :)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Q1 Yes . Although I believe he lives with his Yuppie clan near the Thames . (And gets flooded when the rains come down heavily ) :)
I hope the answer is not Parkinson?

Do we see this show in Australia?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I hope the answer is not Parkinson?

Do we see this show in Australia?
Of course it is. Which other Idiot fills his chat show by Chuckling away !! :D

What was the name of the book - Title in keeping with his mental state !!
:laugh: :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Wasn't there recently a question in SJS or Guru thread about Parkinson :p ?
I asked it and you answered it Burkey :D (don't tell Jason)

I am an all time great, not many people know, but I applied to live in Australia after one of the great wars, who am I?