• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok ok ... marriage. Still not on the right wavelength I am afraid *feels sheepish again*. Are the three Test cricketer members of the family blood-related ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The third one would have become a family member if he had agreed to marry someone in the family. Right ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
The third one would have become a family member if he had agreed to marry someone in the family. Right ?
Q6 Yes !! :D
SJS is on the correct Wavelength and as always knows all the answers too including this one !! :laugh: :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Ok ok ... marriage. Still not on the right wavelength I am afraid *feels sheepish again*. Are the three Test cricketer members of the family blood-related ?
Q 7 No .Not blood related .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since SJS has not returned to answer it and No one else has attempted - here is a clue

Clue - The relationship between the second and third would've been the same if only he had obliged, ;) as the relationship between the first and second !

Question

Two members of family with a unique achievement !! Almost would have made 3 members of the same family with the achievement !! Missed, because the 3rd individual refused to oblige !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Who are they ?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
And you say mine are cryptic?

The one on our TV now, is he on the sky Cricket commentary team?
Q6 Yes .
I think so ( difficult to answer - since in NZ sky coverage IIRC , first two were sky Team and third test now is from C4 . ) And as far as I know he is not part of the C4 team and definitely Sky Team . :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Quick guess, as it is do to with marriage, Darren Lehmann? Which would give me his brother in law Mr White?
Q8 NO !!! but think of other relationships not the type mentioned !! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Mikey Holding, a small country maybe he is related some how?
Yeah right !! They are all inbread :laugh: :laugh: like the Tasmanians !! That's why they have 3 eyes and 4 ears and extra digits in their fingers :laugh: :laugh: !!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK Let me make this pretty simple and easy !!

Name the Father-in-law and Son in Law who captained England !!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
After you figure out the above then explore who nearly became a son-in law to the second individual !! That would solve this trivia !!

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Yeah right !! They are all inbread :laugh: :laugh: like the Tasmanians !! That's why they have 3 eyes and 4 ears and extra digits in their fingers :laugh: :laugh: !!
Sobers was born with 6 fingers on each hand :p

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
After you figure out the above then explore who nearly became a son-in law to the second individual !! That would solve this trivia !!
Gilligan and May, I imagine Gower almost married May's daughter?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Gilligan and May, I imagine Gower almost married May's daughter?
Gilligan and May are correct , Both England Captains and Chairmen of selectors !! Coincidentally Gilligan was chairman of selectors when Peter May was Captain.

But It was certainly not Gower !! Another member of the Sky Team who wears glasses and has the name of a brand of Chips !! :)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Gilligan and May are correct , Both England Captains and Chairmen of selectors !! Coincidentally Gilligan was chairman of selectors when Peter May was Captain.

But It was certainly not Gower !! Another member of the Sky Team who wears glasses and has the name of a brand of Chips !! :)
Allott?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
No . never heard of Allott chips !! :laugh: :laugh:

Think of a brand of chips that comes in a cylindrical container and now comes in pizza, barbecue and original flavours and is thin and crispy!! yum.... :laugh: