• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Yes SJS, Jason likes to make them hard and vague :@ :D
That's why it took you so little effort to figure out the answer. Cryptic questions are not my forte !! :happy:

As far as I know Gibson's book was published in the same year !! 1976

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I was eventually found by a famous Cricket writer, old forgotten and yes maybe mad, I never played Test Cricket but maybe the new 15 degrees would have let me. Who am I and who is the author?
Isn't it Eddie Gilbert (the aboriginal cricketer/bowler) who was sent marching out of (Sheffield Shield) Cricket in 1936 branded a "Chucker" and who was discovered in a Mental Instituition in the 70s having lost speech and been a resident there for over 23 years !!

It was claimed Eddie could've been the only bowler who would've turned the tide against the English in the Body Line had he played !! Also claimed to be the only bowler to have knocked the bat off Bradman's hand when he bowled him for a duck !!

The QCA (Queesland Cricket ) then in 1936 asked Eddie to return all his cricket gear including QCA cap, jerseys etc. !!! I thought that was very pathetic by the authorities of QCA !!!

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Isn't it Eddie Gilbert (the aboriginal cricketer/bowler) who was sent marching out of (Sheffield Shield) Cricket in 1936 branded a "Chucker" and who was discovered in a Mental Instituition in the 70s having lost speech and been a resident there for over 23 years !!

It was claimed Eddie could've been the only bowler who would've turned the tide against the English in the Body Line had he played !! Also claimed to be the only bowler to have knocked the bat off Bradman's hand when he bowled him for a duck !!

The QCA (Queesland Cricket ) then in 1936 asked Eddie to return all his cricket gear including QCA cap, jerseys etc. !!! I thought that was very pathetic by the authorities of QCA !!!
Yes a poor effort from the authorities, and Australia in general. Good work Jason, can you tell me the author? He never loses the Ashes as he was born in OZ and grew up in England. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Yes a poor effort from the authorities, and Australia in general. Good work Jason, can you tell me the author? He never loses the Ashes as he was born in OZ and grew up in England. :)
No idea , Archie .

But here's an extract from an Article on Eddie Gilbert by John Pilger -

On November 11, 1936, the Secretary of the Queensland Cricket Association wrote to the Protector of Aborigines: "The matter of Eddie Gilbert has been fully discussed by my executive committee and it was decided, with your concurrence, to arrange for Gilbert to return to the settlement? With regard to the cricketing clothes bought for Gilbert, it is asked that arrangements be made for these to be laundered, and delivery of the laundered clothes to be made to this office."

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
By the way, I seem to be posting questions in all the trivia threads !! So anyone who gets the next part correct can ask next question ! :happy:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
By the way, I seem to be posting questions in all the trivia threads !! So anyone who gets the next part correct can ask next question ! :happy:
Okay here is a clue: The author's first name is David and his last name begins with F :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarrie Grimmet holds this record. What is it ?

Q1 - Is it a Test record ? Yes
Q2 - Is it a bowling record ? Yes
Q3 - Is it a fastest to record ? No

First bowler to 200 wickets ? Won't count this

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q4 - Oldest player on Test debut to take 10 wickets ? No

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q4 - Oldest player on Test debut to take 10 wickets ? No
Q5 - Does it involve a performance against a certain country ? Yes