• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it BK Kunderan - first Wicket keeper to score 500 runs in a series ?

or

Is it Vinoo Mankad least Test matches in achieving the Allrounders double of 1000 runs and 100 test wickets - 23 Tests ?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Is it BK Kunderan - first Wicket keeper to score 500 runs in a series ?
Correct ... very impressive Jason. You are unbeatable

Your turn ... I want to get revenge now :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Two members of family with a unique achievement !! Almost would have made 3 members of the same family with the achievement !! Missed, because the 3rd individual refused to oblige !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Who are they ?
(Question deliberately worded vague in view of New Trivia format )

I am only on line for 25 minutes more so please hurry with questions ,otherwise it will continue on tomorrow ! :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Did all three play Test cricket ?
Q3 Did all three play Test cricket ? Yes :)

* Correction to previous question - 3rd individual very much alive and possibly on your TV screens at this moment in time * :laugh: :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Q3 Did all three play Test cricket ? Yes :)

* Correction to previous question - 3rd individual very much alive and possibly on your TV screens at this moment in time * :laugh: :laugh:
There goes my Grace theory. Okay off to watch Australia storm back in the 3rd Test
:D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
There goes my Grace theory. Okay off to watch Australia storm back in the 3rd Test
:D
OK - I shall head home myself to watch it on sky after knocking off work in 5 minutes. Believe it or not, I have been working hard all this time while playing on CW Trivia !! :laugh: :laugh:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
OK - I shall head home myself to watch it on sky after knocking off work in 5 minutes. Believe it or not, I have been working hard all this time while playing on CW Trivia !! :laugh: :laugh:
See you mate ... I will ponder this question while watching the cricket, trying to work out who the commentating member of the family is

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
See you mate ... I will ponder this question while watching the cricket, trying to work out who the commentating member of the family is
This is actually a trick question !!

The clue lies in this " 3rd member refused to oblige or play ball " :laugh:

Now think laterally as to why I would've stated that !!

If I clarified any further it may become too obvious. As I said it is a trick question. :laugh:
especially with regard to the third individual.

The first and second members did several things common and achieved great acclaim, the 3rd no doubt would've possibbly gone that way had he only obliged !! :laugh:

Now thats a big hint ! ;)

I have also previously clarified Archie Mac's query that they were not brothers !!

So consider what other relationships could've existed between the first two and possibly even the third if only...... :laughing:

Now I really have given it away , I suspect ............... :(

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
If it's a big hint it's going straight over my head :p ... does 'play ball' have anything to do with baseball?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
If it's a big hint it's going straight over my head :p ... does 'play ball' have anything to do with baseball?
Q 5 No
They all played Test cricket -The big hint is "he refused to oblige" :D

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Feeling a little sheepish here Jason ... I feel I should know this but for some reason I can't find the answer in my crowded brain

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Burkey , What sort of relatinships do you form by obliging or saying I do ? :laugh: :laugh:

Now with regard to the reference to Sheep ,I hope you are not knocking me because I am in NZ , I hope !! :@ :@ :laugh: