• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Englishman ?

Btw, only WWI is referred to as the Great War if I am correct
Pom yes :D

Your right the Great War or the war to end all wars. But I would think the 2nd war would be pretty great, but since you have picked me up, I will admit it was to do with WW1 :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

2 books published in the same year (1976) by 2 authors from the Ashes countries Australia/England on the men who have captained their countries !! Who are the authors ? Name the books !! 1 author was ex Test cricketer himself . Let the questions begin . (I expect Archie to answer this without a single Question !!)
:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

2 books published in the same year (1976) by 2 authors from the Ashes countries Australia/England on the men who have captained their countries !! Who are the authors ? Name the books !! 1 author was ex Test cricketer himself . Let the questions begin . (I expect Archie to answer this without a single Question !!)
:laugh: :laugh:
I am sure Ray Robinson will be the Australian one. (on top down under)

Gibson wrote one on the England captains (The Cricket Captains of England). But these two did not play Test Cricket

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:

Gibson wrote one on the England captains (The Cricket Captains of England). But these two did not play Test Cricket
The answer is correct !! I apologise for confusing this Ray Robinson with Test cricketer Ray Robinson his namesake !!

Your turn Archie. :D

archie mac

International Coach
I was eventually found by a famous Cricket writer, old forgotten and yes maybe mad, I never played Test Cricket but maybe the new 15 degrees would have let me. Who am I and who is the author?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:

PLUS Gibson's book was published in 1979