• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

Craig

World Traveller
I think Sean Ervine is an over-rated bowler.

I consider myself to be over-rated as a cricketer.

i_love_india

Cricket Spectator
Sourav Ganguly and Brett Lee. Brett Lee has only bowled well very recently. When I was at the boxing day test match, he was bowling all over the place. He even hit one of the batsmen in the face I think.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
I think Sean Ervine is an over-rated bowler.

I consider myself to be over-rated as a cricketer.
Me too, im considered a reliable frontline operator with the bat.. Ive hit 2 fifties in my life, both against shocking attacks...

Ervine is becoming a bit over rated IMO....

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
England
Andrew Flintoff - The next Botham i don't think so
Steve Harmison - u seen him bowl lately? He might be quick but he does nothing else. He is the worst FC bowler i have ever seen!
James Anderson - oh he is young is he? So what? He has to prove himself first

India
VVS Laxman - apart from 2 good innings, he is nothing special,
All of them when they are away from the subcontinent.
I've had this done to me enough re Vaughan, time for some role-reversal...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
We need to make up a new verb, to "Argue for argument's sake"...
Well, making asinine comments is called 'Ponting', so I suppose to argue for argument's sake could be a 'Fulton'

Andre

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Definitely Mark Butcher. One good score in god-knows-how-long and the only reason he gets in the team is he's Alec Stewart's cousin and plays for Surrey.

Give David Fulton a chance!
I HAD to bring this up :)

Andre

International Regular
Andre said:
Hoggard. Caddick. Flintoff. All useless, just picked on reputation. None have done well against any top countries. Flintoff embarrased himself in South Africa, Caddick gets hammered by the Aussies and Hoggard has never dismissed a quality batting line-up. Honourable mention to Ian Bell.
Over a year on....

Hoggard IMO is still rubbish :)

Flintoff's turned into a mighty fine all-round cricketer.

Caddick is the 2nd best bowler in England IMO.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Andre said:
Over a year on....

Hoggard IMO is still rubbish :)

Flintoff's turned into a mighty fine all-round cricketer.

Caddick is the 2nd best bowler in England IMO.
I think Hoggard has found himself more the form he showed when he first came into the england side (he was the 2nd faster englishmen to reach 50 test wickets i think). But he'll never be a threat on pitches that dont swing, but most swing bowlers arent either.
Flintoffs i agree.
Caddick will never be the same bowler pre his 2003 operations im afraid. I would be VERY surprised if he even got picked for an england squad again. Even if we had all 3/4 main bowlers injured the likes of Kabir Ali / Mahmood / Anderson and Kirby would be ahead of caddick in the selectors eyes.

Andre

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Out of interest, when did he "embarass" himself in South Africa?!
1999/2000, it must have been. I don't really remember the motive of the post since it was that long ago!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, but we're only talking 'not being very good' embarrassed himself, aren't we? Not 'trouser-splitting, putting pencils up nose, going dingadinga bling woopy wurdle boink' embarrassed himself.

Let me know when that happens to anyone.

Except David Lloyd, that is. That's a weekly occurrence for him.