• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs. Pakistan test series

What will be the result of India vs. Pakistan test series?

• India wins

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pakistan wins

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
exactly, if a below average waqar may return then what harm is there in bringing in a new guy.

remember shoaib akhtars second series was against india from what i know and everyone knows what damage he did.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
rauf is our best performing first class bowler and is the most likely candidate to take third seamer position if shabbir doesnt play.

he bowls between the 140-150 mark and his stock delivery is the out swinger. does generate good bounce too.

this guy is very unlucky not to have played for pakistan yet and so is saeed bin nasir.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was scanning CricInfo earlier and noticed Iftikhar Anjum captaining ADBP - and taking 10/116 in the Patrons Trophy final - and he's now got 210 FC wickets @ 22.71, aged 23.

What are his chances?

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Muddaser said:
rauf is our best performing first class bowler and is the most likely candidate to take third seamer position if shabbir doesnt play.

he bowls between the 140-150 mark and his stock delivery is the out swinger. does generate good bounce too.

this guy is very unlucky not to have played for pakistan yet and so is saeed bin nasir.
You say that naved ul hasan will come into the pak side soon.But when he played for pakistan he didnt really impress and he seems to bowl like waqar.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I've seen so many people talked up as the best thing since sliced bread only crash down to earth with an almighty bang. Take some Test wickets and then I'll rate him :)
Balaji springs to mind!!!

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
Balaji springs to mind!!!

Balaji is doing reasonably well against an opponent like Australia,
so leave himn alone.I'm quite confident that Balaji will become India's super star in near future.

Choora

State Regular
ReallyCrazy said:

As for Junaid Zia, mohammad irshad and manzoor amjad (btw who are they?), all I can say is its better for them not to make their debuts against India. They will get creamed all over the place. They will get scarred for life!

Thats not how cricket is played, if they have talent then they shouldn't be afraid to face the best batters in the world.Remember Waqar Younis played his fits match against India and got hammered, yet the same guy reached the glorious height of the game late on. If you ae scared for life then you should just quit cricket!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
A lot of young Pak fast bowles names have been suggested, i don't see any need fo that.The Pak bowling lineup should be like
Akhter,Sami,Gul/Shabbir with spinners being Saqlain and Danish.Akhter and Sami should bowl from one end and Saqlain should be given a longer spell fom other end.

I don't know if including uncapped pacers is just the view of some Pak fans or if the Pak selectors are also of the same opinion.If that is the case then i think they are making a big mistake and i would say they ae "overdoing the pace stuff". What Pak need is a "balanced attack of good pacers & atleast one quality spinner".Even in the days of Imran, Akram and Waqar , there always was a match winning spinne in Pak team (qadir,Qasim,Mushi and Saqi).

Pak selectors should get their act right and bring back Saqlain.As fo test debut, i don't see anyone (with the possible exception of Bazid Khan) making it.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
rana naved ul hasan is a bowling all rounder, he bowls around the 140 mark and also a very decent batsmen. much better than azhar mahmood.

abdur rauf is very likely to be selected for the series cause he has done well in the league for the past 2 yrs.

iftikar anjum and sarfraz ahmed are in the training camp of 30 players so he may get a chance. bazid khan is the most likely batsmen to be selected.

Last edited:

twctopcat

International Regular
Just read this quote on the bbc sport website:

Petitioner Najmul Abbas told the court: "India is our enemy, and for money Akram should not be allowed to coach the enemy.It is tantamount to a retired army official training the indian army."
The battle is coming.....and i thought it was just a game!!!!Love it:D

Last edited:

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
I think that Wasim should be allowed to give tips to pathan and all the other bowlers.Miandad gave help to the Indian batsman a couple of years ago on how to tackle reverse swing.

pakistan1

Cricket Spectator
Live

have sky sports brought the deal of ARY DIgital in the u.k to show pakistan cricket live for five years

Yatish

Cricket Spectator
wot channel is india and pakistan series going to be on?

i live in england so i dnt know what channel it is going to be on
they said sky sports but when i chrcked on da website it didnt say anything
so wht channel is it on?
thanks
yatish

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
shoaib is deadly
and who says that sami is not up to the mar......sure he didnt have a very good one days eries in nz but thake a look at he guys record.late last year he came up with a bowling spell of 5 wickets for 2 runs against the newzealanders in pakistan......
the guys has tow hatricks in international cricket
in my opinion he has as important a role to play as akhtar
and shabbir has been consistent with his nagging line and lenght again the opposition in the last few series played.
simply,if some people think that the mediocore balaji will be a threat then shabbir will be very very effective.just hpe he is cleared to play though(keeping in mind all the controversy with his action and stuff)

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
as far as giving a debut to players is concerned.why not,pakitan has always maintaineda policy of throwing its youngsters into the deep end and most often than not they have performed with flying colours(wasim,waqar and afridi come to mind).if the need arise i strongly believe that mohammad irshad should be given a debut against the indians like waqar made his debut in the 1989-90 series(remember the waqar snorter that struck tendulkar on the nose).

godofcricket

State 12th Man
thehellraiser said:
shoaib is deadly
and who says that sami is not up to the mar......sure he didnt have a very good one days eries in nz but thake a look at he guys record.late last year he came up with a bowling spell of 5 wickets for 2 runs against the newzealanders in pakistan......
the guys has tow hatricks in international cricket
in my opinion he has as important a role to play as akhtar
Yes i agree with you, he has performed well. I think he needs more control in his line, he can certainly bowl fast but he is not accurate enough to keep the runs down consistently in every match.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thehellraiser said:
Pakistan has always maintaineda policy of throwing its youngsters into the deep end and most often than not they have performed with flying colours(wasim,waqar and afridi come to mind)."
More often than not is plainly wrong.

Wasim & Waqar yes, Afridi has now fallen away very badly after early promise, and then there's Shahid Saeed, Naved Anjum, Akram Raza, Nadeem Ghauri, Zahid Fazal, Masood Anwar, Basit AlimAamer Nazir, Nadeem Khan, Shakeel Ahmed, Ashfaq Ahmed, Atif Rauf, Kabir Khan, Mohd Akran, Shahid Nazir, Hasan Raza, Mohd Wasim, Mohd Hussain, Zahoor Elahi, Mohd Zahid, Ali Naqvi, Mohd Ramzan, Shakeel Ahmed, Naved Ashraf, Wajahatullah Wasti, Atiq-uz-Zaman, Irfan Zahil, Qaiser Abbas, Faisal Iqbal, Humayun Farhat, Naved Latif, Kamran Akmal, Farhan Adil, Yasir ali, Asim Kamal...