• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs. Pakistan test series

What will be the result of India vs. Pakistan test series?

• India wins

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pakistan wins

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Waqar's not been quite the same of late though, has he? He didn't really set the world alight with Warwickshire, and Azhar Mahmood is not really a Test class fast man IMO. Hasn't played a Test for nigh on three years, either.

Jury's still out on Yasir and even more so on Junaid Zia - whose career is likely to be forever blighted by nepotism allegations, whilst I think Gul's better than Choora's given him credit for.

It's fairly even I think with India having fractionally the upper hand in terms of depth with Pakistan having the class in Shoaib. India balance this out with their batting, and I'm still not making any predictions.

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
who says pakistan is short of quality pacers, we probably have the best reserve of fast bowlers in the world.

i sent an email to aamir sohail asking about mohammed irshaad and heres the reply i got.

'Thanks for the email and here is ur answer he is almost there with shoaib in terms of speed but in my opinion he is a bit raw and if he gets fine tuned should be playing for pakistan sometime this year'.

i wouldnt be suprised if irshaad is selected for the series even though he is raw.

we also have 17 yr old mansoor amjad who is as good as any leg spinner in pakistan including kaneria.

we'll probably see waqar recalled and abdur rauf also brought into the team.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Muddaser said:
who says pakistan is short of quality pacers, we probably have the best reserve of fast bowlers in the world.

i sent an email to aamir sohail asking about mohammed irshaad and heres the reply i got.

'Thanks for the email and here is ur answer he is almost there with shoaib in terms of speed but in my opinion he is a bit raw and if he gets fine tuned should be playing for pakistan sometime this year'.

i wouldnt be suprised if irshaad is selected for the series even though he is raw.

we also have 17 yr old mansoor amjad who is as good as any leg spinner in pakistan including kaneria.

we'll probably see waqar recalled and abdur rauf also brought into the team.
I agree:saint:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
waqar younis: I have lots of respect for him. I liked him during the early 90's and actually copied his action! But let's face the truth...he's a far cry from what he was. He now bowls at gentle medium pace and will pose no threat to the Indian batters.

As for Junaid Zia, mohammad irshad and manzoor amjad (btw who are they?), all I can say is its better for them not to make their debuts against India. They will get creamed all over the place. They will get scarred for life!

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
i heard rana naved ul hasan will be selected for the india series simply because he is easily our best bowling all rounder and has been performing very well in the domestic league.

ashar zaidi, salman butt and bazid khan are also in the camp and probably one of them will get a chance in the series.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
ReallyCrazy said:
waqar younis: I have lots of respect for him. I liked him during the early 90's and actually copied his action! But let's face the truth...he's a far cry from what he was. He now bowls at gentle medium pace and will pose no threat to the Indian batters.

As for Junaid Zia, mohammad irshad and manzoor amjad (btw who are they?), all I can say is its better for them not to make their debuts against India. They will get creamed all over the place.
Junaid Zia has already made his debut

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
junaid zia will not be selected.

mohammed irshaad is the fastest bowler in the pakistan domestic league. he is 20 yrs old and according to shoaib is as fast as him bowling in the 150s. this is not hype cause this lad just turned up in the academy for a trial and shocked everyone with his speed. instantly he was selected for the A team.

mansoor amjad in a 17 yr old leggie who is also in the A team.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Muddaser said:
junaid zia will not be selected.

mohammed irshaad is the fastest bowler in the pakistan domestic league. he is 20 yrs old and according to shoaib is as fast as him bowling in the 150s. this is not hype cause this lad just turned up in the academy for a trial and shocked everyone with his speed. instantly he was selected for the A team.

mansoor amjad in a 17 yr old leggie who is also in the A team.
India also have a bowler who according to steve waugh is as fast as akhtar.His name is Munaf Patel and is 20

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
junaid zia is crap end of story.

during the kenstar tournament, even the indian press reported that mohammed irshad was a league above everyone else in terms of speed and that includes the munaf patel and abdur rauf who also played.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Muddaser said:
junaid zia is crap end of story.

during the kenstar tournament, even the indian press reported that mohammed irshad was a league above everyone else in terms of speed and that includes the munaf patel and abdur rauf who also played.
Pace is not important unless you have line and length

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
imran read this interview of shoaib talking about mohammed irshad.

Shoaib Akhtar

wants a bowling partner with lightning speed

'When you are in form and full rhythm there is no one who can create problems for you and if you are off colour then even the tail-enders overwhelm you.' Shoaib, however, rates West Indian captain Brian Lara as one of the toughest batsmen to get out

By Ghalib Mehmood Bajwa

Pakistan has been a lucky nation as regards the game of cricket as it has enjoyed the services of quality cricketers from the very beginning. In the initial period Hanif Mohammad, Nazar Mohammad, Imtiaz Ahmed, Saeed Ahmed and Waqar Hasan were the pillars of Pakistan's batting while in the bowling department who can forget the quickies Fazal Mahmood, Mahmood Hussain and Khan Mohammad. Afterwards, the greats like Imran Khan, Sarfraz Nawaz, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis performed the pacers' duties for Pakistan during their respective eras.

The awesome Shoaib Akhtar spearheads the present day pace battery of Pakistan with Mohammad Sami, Shabbir Ahmed and Umar Gul as the other members of the speed contingent.

Generally, nobody wants to share his monopoly with anyone in any field of life but the fearsome Shoaib Akhtar thinks otherwise. He wants some seamers with blistering speed in his pace attack. That's why he gave his full backing to a 20-year-old right-arm speedster Mohammad Irshad and other pacers in the Pakistan cricket training camp which was held at Lahore a few days ago for the preparation of the New Zealand one-day series.

Shoaib thinks right because Pakistan needs some genuine pacers who could fill the vacuum created by the departure of the great Ws - Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. There should be somebody who could share Pakistan's bowling duties with Shoaib in an effective manner. If Pakistan managed to formulate such a lethal attack then it could maintain its 'threatening impact' on the cricketing opponents.

A few days back, while talking to 'The News on Sunday' (TNS) Shoaib said, "Irshad possesses all the qualities of a genuine fast bowler and every body is impressed with his performance and the way of his bowling at the camp." It is pertinent to mention here that Irshad, with his sheer amount of pace, grabbed the attention of players, officials and the crowd as well at the camp.

"I have not seen a player like Irshad who is so fit and possesses great stamina and speed. Above all he has perfect line and length and control over the ball," Shoaib said in admiration. "If he continues to work hard and get proper guidance there is no doubt he will become a super star in the years to come."

The youngster can prove to be a national asset for Pakistan cricket in the near future. A few things look inevitable on the part of PCB authorities if they want to groom him as a bowling star. They should provide him proper attention and keep him constantly with the senior side. It also looks necessary to keep the young pacer away from cruel 'in and out' policy.

However, the PCB took a wise step by naming Mohammad Irshad in the Pakistan A team which is going to tour India from December 13 to 21 for a triangular event also featuring Sri Lanka. One or two such tours will definitely be helpful for young Irshad until he becomes a regular and reliable pacer of the national team.

It may be recalled here that chief selector Aamer Sohail has also expressed satisfaction over the performance of Mohammad Irshad and said that he had been selected among the 23 national side probables and then in the A team purely on merit.

When asked about his role in encouraging and training young pacers in the national team Shoaib said, "I have no hesitation in giving bowling tips to junior seamers. Even Mohammad Sami consults me for bowling guidance from time to time. I want to give two or three genuine pacers to Pakistan during my playing career. I think it will be an invaluable service for Pakistan cricket.

"Our team will lose very few games in the next 10-12 years due to bowling reasons if I'm able to contribute this service to Pakistan," Shoaib believes. "Pacers Fahad Masood and Abdul Rauf have also a bright future but they need more hard work to prove their mettle," Shoaib predicts.

shoaib mentions that irshad has great line and length.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Muddaser said:
read the article mate.:P
I've seen so many people talked up as the best thing since sliced bread only crash down to earth with an almighty bang. Take some Test wickets and then I'll rate him :)

Muddaser

School Boy/Girl Captain
irshad has just played two first class games and taken 11 wickets at 15.

anyway this lad will surely be in the pakistan team this year and it will be interesting to see him bowl along side shoaib and sami.

according to people who have seen him bowl in the nets, he is of similar build to sami but taller and his bowling action is modelled like allan donald.

by the way no one has rated him yet, he has potential just like waqar, wasim and shoaib had before him.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Muddaser said:
irshad has just played two first class games and taken 11 wickets at 15.

anyway this lad will surely be in the pakistan team this year and it will be interesting to see him bowl along side shoaib and sami.

according to people who have seen him bowl in the nets, he is of similar build to sami but taller and his bowling action is modelled like allan donald.

by the way no one has rated him yet, he has potential just like waqar, wasim and shoaib had before him.
Can u shut up about this irshad guy as he will not feature for pakistan in the upcoming test and oneday matches.