• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

kyear2

International Coach
McLaren just keeps ****ing up

No way they shouldn't have swapped cars

And the pit call was dicey, but honestly they didn't have anyone to cover

Coronis

International Coach
McLaren just keeps ****ing up

No way they shouldn't have swapped cars

And the pit call was dicey, but honestly they didn't have anyone to cover
Did we watch the same race? The McLaren obviously suffered more on its tyres all day. You do remember Lando sliding off the track right? The only mention of tyres from Ferrari was from Sainz on one of his last medium laps. And LeClerc was complaining about pitting too early.

Bless their souls, VCARB can't even do a 5 sec time penalty correctly
Honestly I thought K-Mag and Ricciardo did pretty good jobs considering their penalties. K-Mag crazy enough even managed a point.

Good stuff from Ferrari, had the best tyre wear of any of the front running teams. Always good to see them step it up at home. Man, gotta hurt for McLaren on a bad Verstappen day they could not properly capitalise. Albon was quality. Haas could have possibly had a double points finish without all their drama. Looked fast again. rip Fernando. Nice quiet solid debut from Colapinto, kept his nose clean, beat both Saubers and Alpines.

Fun little things… Hulkenberg even after a wing change and a 10s stop and go still beats Zhou heh. Lance Stroll stopping for softs for the fastest lap and failing.

I’m kinda loving it though, we’re getting different winners from multiple teams and the midfield seems to crazily swap between tracks.

kyear2

International Coach
Did we watch the same race? The McLaren obviously suffered more on its tyres all day. You do remember Lando sliding off the track right? The only mention of tyres from Ferrari was from Sainz on one of his last medium laps. And LeClerc was complaining about pitting too early.

Honestly I thought K-Mag and Ricciardo did pretty good jobs considering their penalties. K-Mag crazy enough even managed a point.

Good stuff from Ferrari, had the best tyre wear of any of the front running teams. Always good to see them step it up at home. Man, gotta hurt for McLaren on a bad Verstappen day they could not properly capitalise. Albon was quality. Haas could have possibly had a double points finish without all their drama. Looked fast again. rip Fernando. Nice quiet solid debut from Colapinto, kept his nose clean, beat both Saubers and Alpines.

Fun little things… Hulkenberg even after a wing change and a 10s stop and go still beats Zhou heh. Lance Stroll stopping for softs for the fastest lap and failing.

I’m kinda loving it though, we’re getting different winners from multiple teams and the midfield seems to crazily swap between tracks.
Lando was struggling on his tyres much more than Oscar, and even he said they were coming back in.

As I said, it was dicey

Flem274*

123/5
If McLaren want Lando to be their boi then they should have swapped.

The fact they didn't shows either they think Oscar will be best boi or Zak Brown is bringing the American motorsport philosophy that team orders are a symptom of bitch disease.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's like McLaren don't want to win the title.

Max will win because McLaren, Merc and Ferrari will just take points off each other.

kyear2

International Coach
Think it was two years ago, was probably the 3rd race of the year and Red bull was already deploying team orders, it's not even up for debate... And it's smart.

Flem274*

123/5
I must say it's glaringly obvious people from Europe/America just don't get the Australian sporting mentality, even after the Webber years.

Piastri won't willingly be #2 for anyone and especially not a pom.

Also this is what happens when you hire two talents who know they can beat the other. McLaren tend to do this though even in the 00s post Coulthard.

kyear2

International Coach
I must say it's glaringly obvious people from Europe/America just don't get the Australian sporting mentality, even after the Webber years.

Piastri won't willingly be #2 for anyone and especially not a pom.

Also this is what happens when you hire two talents who know they can beat the other. McLaren tend to do this though even in the 00s post Coulthard.
And I think people understand that to a certain extent, but then that's why you need strong leadership on the pit wall