• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Coronis

International Coach
Great, great stuff from Norris. LeClerc too with a fantastic race. Big shoutouts also to Gasly and Hulkenberg. Solid stuff from Ricciardo.

It won’t get noticed much at all but a really good race from Sargeant. Held off both Tsunoda and Magnussen, both on fresher tyres, for a long long period of the race. Albon without the qualifying DQ would’ve scored points for sure I’m thinking.

I know Sargeant rightly cops a lot of flack but the most disappointing driver for me this season has been Zhou easily. It hasn’t been as noticeable as say Perez or Sargeant because Sauber have been so damn awful, but he is consistently ridiculously off Bottas’ pace by some margin, which is kinda out of nowhere compared to last season.

Nora

Cricket Spectator
Great, great stuff from Norris. LeClerc too with a fantastic race. Big shoutouts also to Gasly and Hulkenberg. Solid stuff from Ricciardo.

It won’t get noticed much at all but a really good race from Sargeant. Held off both Tsunoda and Magnussen, both on fresher tyres, for a long long period of the race. Albon without the qualifying DQ would’ve scored points for sure I’m thinking.

I know Sargeant rightly cops a lot of flack but the most disappointing driver for me this season has been Zhou easily. It hasn’t been as noticeable as say Perez or Sargeant because Sauber have been so damn awful, but he is consistently ridiculously off Bottas’ pace by some margin, which is kinda out of nowhere compared to last season.
I totally agree—Norris and LeClerc had impressive races, and Gasly and Hulkenberg also stood out. Sargeant did well to hold off Tsunoda and Magnussen for so long. Albon would likely have scored points if not for the qualifying DQ. While Sargeant gets his share of criticism, I’ve found Zhou’s performance this season the most disappointing. He’s consistently slower than Bottas, which is surprising compared to last season.

Nora

Cricket Spectator
Yeah I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Perez is pretty much racing for his F1 career this race
I agree Perez definitely seems to be racing for his F1 career at this point. It’s a crucial moment for him to show what he’s capable of and secure his spot for the future.

Flem274*

123/5
Is he? Even if he wasn't one of Horner's boys, Sergio's agent is clearly a gun and he brings big funding. If he wants a seat he will find one.

Coronis

International Coach
So apparently Lawson didn’t get the Sargeant seat because RB didn’t have an assurance they could just snap their fingers and have him back. Going in with no expectations for the replacement driver. Will be interesting to see though. Will he prove Albon as the secret GOAT or that Sargeant just did really suck?

kyear2

International Coach
Is he? Even if he wasn't one of Horner's boys, Sergio's agent is clearly a gun and he brings big funding. If he wants a seat he will find one.
Even though it's nothing new, it really is disappointing. One of at least 4 drivers that shouldn't be, or haven't earned their spot on the grid.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Even though it's nothing new, it really is disappointing. One of at least 4 drivers that shouldn't be, or haven't earned their spot on the grid.
It's weird as well given how much Red Bull have done for young drivers in the last 20 years.

kyear2

International Coach
It's been a long time since qualifying was this close in the top 10. Race tomorrow should be a close one.

Lando also uniquely placed to put quite the dent into Max's lead.

ripper868

International Coach
Verstappen / Perez both off at the first corner - Verstappen to be at fault after Perez outjumps him, and Max will of course refuse to accept that it was indeed he, he turned in/out on Sergio, and not the other way.

kyear2

International Coach
Verstappen / Perez both off at the first corner - Verstappen to be at fault after Perez outjumps him, and Max will of course refuse to accept that it was indeed he, he turned in/out on Sergio, and not the other way.
Let's put this into the atmosphere.... 🙏🏽

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stayed in the same hotel as one of the lowly F1 teams years ago & one of the drivers was some young dude who just happened to be the son of a billionaire

Everyone knew that his seat was paid for but that didn’t worry the bevy of women in his entourage
:laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
Stayed in the same hotel as one of the lowly F1 teams years ago & one of the drivers was some young dude who just happened to be the son of a billionaire

Everyone knew that his seat was paid for but that didn’t worry the bevy of women in his entourage
:laugh:
Stroll, Latifi or Mazepin?

Because it's one of those dudes lol