• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Coronis

International Coach
Wow. Just wow. What happened to Hulk at the end there? Was ahead of Colapinto last time I saw with a decent gap. But wow. That was the best race this year. Shame it ended the way it did.

Coronis

International Coach
It was Sainz’s fault… Perez had the nose up and Sainz was drifting over the track. Karun showed it perfectly with the skypad after the race. You can see Sainz initially start right near the wall and slowly drift over as Perez maintains his position right in the middle. Use the painted lines for reference.

kyear2

International Coach
It was Sainz’s fault… Perez had the nose up and Sainz was drifting over the track. Karun showed it perfectly with the skypad after the race. You can see Sainz initially start right near the wall and slowly drift over as Perez maintains his position right in the middle. Use the painted lines for reference.
Palmer seems to think it's a racing incident, as does the stewards.

Checo was behind and could see what Carlos was doing and could have done more to avoid contact.

Coronis

International Coach
Palmer seems to think it's a racing incident, as does the stewards.

Checo was behind and could see what Carlos was doing and could have done more to avoid contact.
I disagree. You’re on a straight, if there’s overlap you can’t just move over onto the other car. Perez has the right to hold his line.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think in amongst all this Norris/Piastri drama we have to acknowledge the fact that Norris, being English, is naturally timid and finds winning unnatural, whilst Piastri is a strapping young Australian who does what all of us do - i.e.: throw caution to the wind and back our skills whilst taking on all-comers for the win.

At the end of the day, McLaren has to ask itself if they want to back in a damp squib who is genetically incapable of going for the win and chokes when the opportunity presents itself, or someone who just naturally has the talent and background to make the big pass when it's on?

I think we all know what the right answer is.

kyear2

International Coach
I want to make it clear that I don't think Norris deserves the title. Think he's an arrogant (somewhat entitled) prick, and based on how he used to speak about his team mates, like Ricardo for instance, he shouldn't (and not sure if he has) ask for preferential treatment.

But when as a team you have a chance for a world title, no matter how small, you have to take it.

Considering quali though, he did a really good job of damage control yesterday.

Coronis

International Coach
The stewards apparently disagreed.
Upon more reflection (and just watching a 6 hour Fuji race :P) I think Perez could’ve avoided but he shouldn’t be forced to in that situation and both drivers share the blame. Neither would back off, I think the stewards decision is correct.

Anyway ugh yeah I’ve kinda done exactly what I didn’t want. Let this incident overshadow what was an amazing race. There was an amazing fight at the front, and quality racing with Norris, the Williams’ and the Haas’ especially in the midpack.

It looks like an exciting fight to the finish for 6th in the constructors. Williams have two capable drivers and both them and Haas seem to have RB for pace right now. (though the midpack balance is changing quite often, apart from Sauber)

I do hope Perez doesn’t lose steam after this so we can have a good battle at the top too)

I honestly don’t think Lando can win it, based on Piastri’s form and the challenge from Ferrari. He needs to maximise and McLaren and him have been unable to do so on many occasions this year.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, Verstappen has too great a cushion from the start of the year and McLaren and Norris have thrown away too many points this year. If we go on the assumption that the best Verstappen can do is 5th then it'll take Norris 5 consecutive race wins to top the standings, which doesn't seem likely given how competitive Ferrari look now.

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah, Verstappen has too great a cushion from the start of the year and McLaren and Norris have thrown away too many points this year. If we go on the assumption that the best Verstappen can do is 5th then it'll take Norris 5 consecutive race wins to top the standings, which doesn't seem likely given how competitive Ferrari look now.
Yeah plus we know how good Ferrari were at Singapore last year.

Fun Piastri stat:

IMG_0900.png