• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Perez is pretty much racing for his F1 career this race
I didn’t see any practices - and I heard FP3 was wet too - so quite unsure of the pace between the top 3 teams. (I just have a feeling LeClerc really smashed it in the wet quali my gut based on recent form says Ferrari won’t have front running pace).

I’m thinking one of the Mercs or McLarens will be hounding Perez all race and he’ll need to show some mettle.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn’t see any practices - and I heard FP3 was wet too - so quite unsure of the pace between the top 3 teams. (I judt have a feeling LeClerc really smashed it in the wet quali my gut based on recent form says Ferrari won’t have front running pace.
Honestly I haven't seen any on track action this weekend either, so your guess is as good as mine.

With that said, would think your assesment of Leclerc's lap seems on the money, he's always had a bit of a knack with qualifying and I can recall a couple of great performances in adverse conditions too, not convinced that will really convert to much come tonight,especially considering as far as I can tell the weather should be better

ripper868

International Coach
the difference of strategy/tyre choices here from P1-P8 is making this finish pretty interesting.

Spa is a great track.

kyear2

International Coach
Yeah, Checo is gone mid season. He started on the front row,.for all intents and purposes he's as far back as the car would allow.

Coronis

International Coach
Surprising tbh. Great 1 stops by Russell and Alonso.

Perez mate seriously? Just…. seriously?

Ricciardo missing out on the points rip. So Red Bull and RB still remains murky af.

Passing was quite difficult, but yeah there some close battles.

rip Oscar’s final stop, wonder how much closer he might’ve been without that. Shoutout to the front jack guy again.

kyear2

International Coach
Surprising tbh. Great 1 stops by Russell and Alonso.

Perez mate seriously? Just…. seriously?

Ricciardo missing out on the points rip. So Red Bull and RB still remains murky af.

Passing was quite difficult, but yeah there some close battles.

rip Oscar’s final stop, wonder how much closer he might’ve been without that. Shoutout to the front jack guy again.
Perez has to go, he's useless.

And yeah, he took quite the jolt.

Flem274*

123/5
Just finished the replay then opened reddit to discover the DQ. loled.

Max might be giving Merc a ring tonight. He's not a guy who will accept a reversion to mid-points.

kyear2

International Coach
Just finished the replay then opened reddit to discover the DQ. loled.

Max might be giving Merc a ring tonight. He's not a guy who will accept a reversion to mid-points.
Sure Toto is still calling daily, just has to accept the call.

Flem274*

123/5
Fans on (non cw) social media, after being told through numerous media for years that F1 is not a meritocracy, are shocked to discover F1 is not a meritocracy.

If Ricciardo or Lawson had a spare 50 million then they'd have that seat. Yuki knows what's up by sticking with Daddy Honda.

Coronis

International Coach
Fans on (non cw) social media, after being told through numerous media for years that F1 is not a meritocracy, are shocked to discover F1 is not a meritocracy.

If Ricciardo or Lawson had a spare 50 million then they'd have that seat. Yuki knows what's up by sticking with Daddy Honda.
I read somewhere that Perez brings like 30+ mill of sponsorship and the difference between 1st and 2nd constructors prize money is only 9 mill.

Also Sainz has officially signed, so perhaps we’ll get the grid setup done over this break? Probably not on Red Bull/RB but Alpine/Sauber/Merc. Hope Williams improves, for both his and Albon’s sake.