• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Molehill

International Captain
Lando had been subtlety snippy with Lewis a couple races prior, he and Max are the personification of entitled and really both of them can rub you the wrong way.

Lando was flat out wrong yesterday against his teammate, but the team obviously should have handled it better.
Where I walk our dog I often see a crazy little spaniel called Lando. He seems to run around at great speed in random directions and rarely listens to instructions - his name is starting to look utterly inspired!!

Flem274*

123/5
It's nice to be here to balance out the reddit F1 sub that guzzles hard for Max and Lando because they play video games. Their #1 villain is Ocon (I rate Ocon in this sport of nepo babies).

Hamilton is a saint by f1 champ standards. If Piastri doesn't inevitably get the job done on the spoilt euro babies with correct childhood connections next year then I hope it's Hamilton.

Speaking of the upper middle class battlers, Theo had a nice drive in Toronto considering the circumstances. **** off Zhou, gives us Teddy Porkchops in an open wheel seat.

Coronis

International Coach
It's nice to be here to balance out the reddit F1 sub that guzzles hard for Max and Lando because they play video games. Their #1 villain is Ocon (I rate Ocon in this sport of nepo babies).

Hamilton is a saint by f1 champ standards. If Piastri doesn't inevitably get the job done on the spoilt euro babies with correct childhood connections next year then I hope it's Hamilton.

Speaking of the upper middle class battlers, Theo had a nice drive in Toronto considering the circumstances. **** off Zhou, gives us Teddy Porkchops in an open wheel seat.
Shows how low the standard is because he still manages to piss me off so much. “My tyres are gone these tyres are ****” proceeds to set two fastest laps

I’d argue Alonso has been best of them, but recently (including at Hungary) he’s been a bit testy himself. Does sound a bit like they all need this break coming up.

Thinking about it, its unsurprising NASCAR guys get the most irate considering they race what, 36 consecutive weekends.

howitzer

State Captain
Shows how low the standard is because he still manages to piss me off so much. “My tyres are gone these tyres are ****” proceeds to set two fastest laps

I’d argue Alonso has been best of them, but recently (including at Hungary) he’s been a bit testy himself. Does sound a bit like they all need this break coming up.

Thinking about it, its unsurprising NASCAR guys get the most irate considering they race what, 36 consecutive weekends.
This is a perfectly acceptable level of gamesmanship imo.

Flem274*

123/5

I genuinely think Hamilton is just a classic English pessismist. Tyres are a real tick for him.

kyear2

International Coach

What he did to Lewis in that pit lane forever changed how I viewed Fernando, though I was never his biggest fan when he went up against Michael.

But yeah, Lewis was a saint compared to

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf Marko at least wants Red Bull to select on performance and not marketing or politics, even if he is Verstappen property.

Tsunoda should be in that second car, or even Ricciardo to check his pace beyond all doubt.

Speaking of, Sainz should either go to Audi or take the Red Bull/Mercedes 1 year deal risk. Zero point in dicking around pushing for 12th at Williams or Alpine. Neither have been worth a squirt of piss since 2006.

Go for a title or go to another series. You're 29. Don't spend 5-10 years of your peak career in tractors.

howitzer

State Captain
Tbf Marko at least wants Red Bull to select on performance and not marketing or politics, even if he is Verstappen property.

Tsunoda should be in that second car, or even Ricciardo to check his pace beyond all doubt.

Speaking of, Sainz should either go to Audi or take the Red Bull/Mercedes 1 year deal risk. Zero point in dicking around pushing for 12th at Williams or Alpine. Neither have been worth a squirt of piss since 2006.

Go for a title or go to another series. You're 29. Don't spend 5-10 years of your peak career in tractors.
I'd honestly prefer Lawson to Danny Ric at this point, but yeah, it's clear that Perez is a busted flush now.

Flem274*

123/5
I'd honestly prefer Lawson to Danny Ric at this point, but yeah, it's clear that Perez is a busted flush now.
Lawson is not ready for that particular seat. Even of his own countrymen I'd rate him closer to Matthew Payne than Dixon/SVG/Scotty Mac.

Unlike most other juniors he has at least raced against adults in SF and DTM (and F1) so he has that going for him tbf.

howitzer

State Captain
Lawson is not ready for that particular seat. Even of his own countrymen I'd rate him closer to Matthew Payne than Dixon/SVG/Scotty Mac.

Unlike most other juniors he has at least raced against adults in SF and DTM (and F1) so he has that going for him tbf.
Yeah was just saying I preferred it to Ricciardo tbh. Bloke seems to have lost his mojo permanently sadly. Tsunoda has done plenty well enough this season to show he belongs in the seat for next season but the people in charge remain unconvinced, apparently.

Coronis

International Coach

Yeah I honestly think best option for both sides would be Sainz taking Perez’s seat and Lawson blooding himself at RB.

Coronis

International Coach
Also I guess something new I found out. Remember Senna’s famous quote re: if you don’t go for a gap that exists you’re no longer a racing driver. Came from Stewart asking him what do you think about over the last 36-48 months you’ve had more contact with other cars than all other F1 champs combined in their careers.

lol. Question kinda backfired since Ayrton got the iconic quote but yeah Stewart makes a valid point. Still not as bad as Schumacher tho

Coronis

International Coach
Has Perez not been badly out qualified in the last 5 races by Logan Sergeant?
Canada:
Sargeant 13
Perez 16

Spain:
Sargeant 20
Perez 8

Austria
Sargeant 19
Perez 8

Britain
Sargeant 12
Perez 19

Hungary
Sargeant 14
Perez 16

Sargeant with a 3-2 lead over the past 5 races.

Coronis

International Coach
Can be easy to forget how good Verstappen is and then he pulls out a lap like that. Have fun starting 11th though, should put on some fun moves in the race. This is the race for Perez to hold on. Front row, needs to come away with the victory or get kicked out probably. Great lap from LeClerc too.