• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

kyear2

International Coach
Wow that pit stop has cost lando massively, be interesting to see if the softs last long enough and get enough gap to hold of verstappen, think piastri too far back now.

What a race.
What a ****ing race

All the top 3 still in it.

Would think the cars are light enough to last on softs

ripper868

International Coach
Think Lando and Max had an agreement?

3 seconds in 4 laps, possible?
never an agreement, the softs were always going to struggle late, Norris would of been better on the mediums and priobably would of held Max and possibly caught Lewis.

Just great strategic work by Mercedes and Red Bull where it mattered, mclAren were 1 lap late bringing in Norris and Piastri to switch to Inters and then picked the wrong tire for Norris at the end.

Great race though overall.

highlight of the day was Martin Brundell brushing the new government minister who tried his hardest to weasel in to a gridwalk interview

kyear2

International Coach
never an agreement, the softs were always going to struggle late, Norris would of been better on the mediums and priobably would of held Max and possibly caught Lewis.

Just great strategic work by Mercedes and Red Bull where it mattered, mclAren were 1 lap late bringing in Norris and Piastri to switch to Inters and then picked the wrong tire for Norris at the end.

Great race though overall.

highlight of the day was Martin Brundell brushing the new government minister who tried his hardest to weasel in to a gridwalk interview
The red bull pitwall always gets it right. Both stops we perfectly timed and they chose the best tyre.

Lando should have gone on mediums, but he also pushed the softs too hard to start. Lewis managed the tires to start and they were available for the push at the end

Coronis

International Coach
Nah I hate Lewis he was my 6th choice out of the 6 drivers who did have a shot to win today.

God that McLaren **** up with Piastri was awful. Especially as a few laps earlier they had Zak Brown on and he was talking about how they’d have to figure out whether time loss on a pitstop or an extra lap was worth it. They sure blew that one. Plus the way they put the question to Norris about the softs/mediums. “Do you want to cover Lewis or Max?” Obviously at that stage he would say Lewis, but i think most everyone knew mediums were the ideal tyre at that stage… Norris probably takes it if he goes on the mediums. Gj throwing it away twice McLaren.

Hulk is doing so good. LeClerc being sacrifical while in the points sucked. I really hope that was a driver call rather than the team… rip Russell. Double points for Aston, feels like a minute since that happened. What a difference a week makes for Alpine. Sargeant had a lowkey great race by his standards. Was quite competitive with Albon and others for the most part.

kyear2

International Coach
Nah I hate Lewis he was my 6th choice out of the 6 drivers who did have a shot to win today.

God that McLaren **** up with Piastri was awful. Especially as a few laps earlier they had Zak Brown on and he was talking about how they’d have to figure out whether time loss on a pitstop or an extra lap was worth it. They sure blew that one. Plus the way they put the question to Norris about the softs/mediums. “Do you want to cover Lewis or Max?” Obviously at that stage he would say Lewis, but i think most everyone knew mediums were the ideal tyre at that stage… Norris probably takes it if he goes on the mediums. Gj throwing it away twice McLaren.

Hulk is doing so good. LeClerc being sacrifical while in the points sucked. I really hope that was a driver call rather than the team… rip Russell. Double points for Aston, feels like a minute since that happened. What a difference a week makes for Alpine. Sargeant had a lowkey great race by his standards. Was quite competitive with Albon and others for the most part.
Yeah, not a good drive by the man who manged his tyres so much better than Lando. Didn't bottle his pitstop by missing his marks etc.

Last week was pure luck, today was well earned, Lando couldn't even hold off Max.

Race craft is a thing.

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah, not a good drive by the man who manged his tyres so much better than Lando. Didn't bottle his pitstop by missing his marks etc.

Last week was pure luck, today was well earned, Lando couldn't even hold off Max.

Race craft is a thing.
Mate I never said it wasn’t a good drive. I just like Lewis least out of the contenders from today. McLaren did **** up with their strategy and probably could’ve won with either Lando or Piastri but they didnt. The tyre thing did surprise me, Lando has generally been great at nursing his tyres (as has the Mclaren in general) but it was not the case today.

I wasn’t demeaning Lewis’ performance at all lol just pointing out what McLaren did wrong with strategy which lost them the race.

kyear2

International Coach
Mate I never said it wasn’t a good drive. I just like Lewis least out of the contenders from today. McLaren did **** up with their strategy and probably could’ve won with either Lando or Piastri but they didnt. The tyre thing did surprise me, Lando has generally been great at nursing his tyres (as has the Mclaren in general) but it was not the case today.

I wasn’t demeaning Lewis’ performance at all lol just pointing out what McLaren did wrong with strategy which lost them the race.
Oscar was messed up, Lando did it to himself. It's not the first time he's gone for glory and made the wrong call.

Coronis

International Coach
Oscar was messed up, Lando did it to himself. It's not the first time he's gone for glory and made the wrong call.
Are you on a crusade or something? I said they both put on the wrong tyres lol. And if you were watching the race you would’ve heard McLaren tell Lando he could put on the soft to cover Hamilton (who he had been fighting with) or the medium to cover Verstappen (who at that point hadn’t been a real factor since the early stages). If you were Lando, which would you pick based off that information? It was in fact poor communication and decision making my the team, that likely cost them the win.

kyear2

International Coach
Are you on a crusade or something? I said they both put on the wrong tyres lol. And if you were watching the race you would’ve heard McLaren tell Lando he could put on the soft to cover Hamilton (who he had been fighting with) or the medium to cover Verstappen (who at that point hadn’t been a real factor since the early stages). If you were Lando, which would you pick based off that information? It was in fact poor communication and decision making my the team, that likely cost them the win.
They messed up Oscar with keeping him out the extra lap, that was just stupid. They had already decided they didn't want to stack and lose track position. But that backfired so much worst.

Yes, Lando should have taken the mediums, like Oscar, the conversations were so very different though. Oscar was like, the mediums are the best option, let's do it.

My.ooijt for Lando was that it's not the first time that he's gone for the win and lost so much more. And you're correct, the way it was presented to Jim was kinda incorrect, if you can't cover Max how the hell are you beating Lewis. They were the only team if the three with mediums, so there was the advantage. It was his fault with the long pitstop though.