• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
You stated that I did it in my county cricket stint too, plus I have 1000 runs, hence my question. If Eddie's got 1500, Neil under 500 (!) then I must be one of 2 to do it.
You asked the question so obviously you weren't included in the answer. Also the answer was a reference to wickets not runs so Neil and LE can be paired together.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, I knew it was in reference to wickets, maybe my reply didn't make it obvious, sorry. :)

Also sorry but I didn't twig that I wasn't included. :p

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Im really concerened about the reds team members fighting among each other. That is the last thing we need. my averages are so diff in the 3 forms of the games. right from 102 in odi to 46 in 25smash and 22.3 in tests :( seeing this if my captain feels I cant play tests anymore ill be up for it. anything for the team. How can anyone think himself over the team.

I know if one performs and the team wins there is no feeling better than that but what is worse than to score a hundred or take 5 wickets but the team loosing, believe you me that is the worst thing in the world. I would anytime have a 30run or 2 wickets or even a small catch in winning cause than to score a hundred in loosing cause. Averages are just your personal feat but at the end of season what matters is where ur team stands in the table

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
The vc and c mean nothing if the player is underperforming, however one thing the vc does mean is that you're a senior member of the squad, and thus should know better than to make such a public scene.

It is interesting to compare the reaction of 2 people who's early season form was poor.

One requested to be dropped, and might very well have done but for some ill-judged comments by another team member.

The other was dropped, and has kicked up a huge stink.
i appoligies for making a public scene and cop it on the chim, just very passionate about my reds an want to do what ever it takes to get us into the finals, its just that no one likes to sit out!

Loony BoB

International Captain
zghansar said:
Im really concerened about the reds team members fighting among each other. That is the last thing we need. my averages are so diff in the 3 forms of the games. right from 102 in odi to 46 in 25smash and 22.3 in tests :( seeing this if my captain feels I cant play tests anymore ill be up for it. anything for the team. How can anyone think himself over the team.

I know if one performs and the team wins there is no feeling better than that but what is worse than to score a hundred or take 5 wickets but the team loosing, believe you me that is the worst thing in the world. I would anytime have a 30run or 2 wickets or even a small catch in winning cause than to score a hundred in loosing cause. Averages are just your personal feat but at the end of season what matters is where ur team stands in the table
Yah, definitely. See Astle's 222 for details. :( That should have been one of the greatest 10 innings of all time in the Wisden book but it didn't make the cut because the side lost. The whole country was gutted about that one - although it was still nice to have a silver lining, you'd always rather the sunny skies than grey clouds, no matter what colour the linings are.

PS. Go Green. ;D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
i appoligies for making a public scene and cop it on the chim, just very passionate about my reds an want to do what ever it takes to get us into the finals, its just that no one likes to sit out!
I know that you're a very passionate person bugs, just need to channel that passion in the right directions...

I have an idea for you that might work in the FC game - when the time is right, we'll unleash it on the world!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
I know that you're a very passionate person bugs, just need to channel that passion in the right directions...

I have an idea for you that might work in the FC game - when the time is right, we'll unleash it on the world!

i am with ya skipper

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Just a quick question...

How many players are in each of the squads? As some players, maybe some who answered the player stat questions more honestly, are not going to get a huge go.

Maybe, we should trim the squads or at the least create more teams so players can get a fuller go.

This is a Paid The Umpire statement on behalf of Paid The Umpire

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Paid The Umpire said:
Just a quick question...

How many players are in each of the squads? As some players, maybe some who answered the player stat questions more honestly, are not going to get a huge go.

Maybe, we should trim the squads or at the least create more teams so players can get a fuller go.

This is a Paid The Umpire statement on behalf of Paid The Umpire
Everyone will get ample playing time to show what they can do. Consider that most of the players aren't extremely regular posters, so it wouldn't make much sense to create another team or two. Maybe if we get a few more players before next season, but then I'd have the dilemna of picking a colour people would want to play for (ie not yellow, orange etc.)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Everyone will get ample playing time to show what they can do. Consider that most of the players aren't extremely regular posters, so it wouldn't make much sense to create another team or two. Maybe if we get a few more players before next season, but then I'd have the dilemna of picking a colour people would want to play for (ie not yellow, orange etc.)

You know you want to. ;)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't want to play in a team called the 'Whites' mainly because we play in them! :-O

haha then you would have to wear the creams!