• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Andre said:
AFAIK, I replaced you - I've made 3 fifties in 4 innings and a 40 from memory.
Andre - 4 innings, 225 runs @ 56.25
Compared to:
Bugssy - 6 innings, 79 runs @ 13.17

I think i know who i'd be chosing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Andre - 4 innings, 225 runs @ 56.25
Compared to:
Bugssy - 6 innings, 79 runs @ 13.17

I think i know who i'd be chosing.
yeh bugssy, cause his name is cooler :p

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i was only asking settle down. and what about everyone else that plays in the reds side.

ill sit the rest of the season out if ya like. make selection easier!

would the skipper drop himself if form was bad. i dont think so!

and andre is a better fc player than me and i am not denying that, he was a cwxi regular.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Andre said:
Knowing Marc, I'm more than certain he would drop himself.

pls no captain would drop themselves!!!!!! ppl say they would but when it comes crunch time i doubt it. but anyway enough, i have been dropped so thats it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre said:
Knowing Marc, I'm more than certain he would drop himself.
i know a few people that would like to drop him ;)
oh you mean cricket, dont take that the wrong way marc.....

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's definitely interesting to see the differences between the captains, at least from what we've seen so far.*

On a more important note, a great win for the Green team, our first 5D win this season I believe to end the Blue's winning streak - things are only getting better so far. Their strongest innings didn't match up with our lower scored innings, showing we played consistently over the four days we played. Let's keep it going, everyone!

EDIT: *Don't read anything into that, I actually just find it all genuinely interesting. :p

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
whether we're happy with what our captain's doing we gotta live by it... otherwise if we all have little factions in our team we'll never get out've the hole we're in....

I whole heartedly stand beside marc.. he was a great captain last year and as soon as things get tough we can't all jump against him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
so the (VC) means nothing if you can just make a decision like that. so why have a vc if we need to and the skipper then gets injured then pick someone to lead then.
The vc and c mean nothing if the player is underperforming, however one thing the vc does mean is that you're a senior member of the squad, and thus should know better than to make such a public scene.

It is interesting to compare the reaction of 2 people who's early season form was poor.

One requested to be dropped, and might very well have done but for some ill-judged comments by another team member.

The other was dropped, and has kicked up a huge stink.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Schedule:

OD:
CW Green v CW Black at the SCG
CW Red v Australia A at the WACA

The 12-man squads for tomorrow's games:

Cricket Web Red
Marc71178 (C), Bugssy (vc), Samuel Vimes (wk), Ian Markus, Zaid Ghansar, Imran Khan Jr., Dave, Mr Ponting, Mr Wright, A Massive Zebra, Deeps, Supah Freak.

Bugssy and Mr Ponting back. Deeps also returns for Mookerjee.

Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Adil Dewan (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, David Jr., Biased Indian, Delkap, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.

Unchanged from last OD.

Cricket Web Black
Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Ash Chaulk (wk), Superkingdave, Dark Hunter, C Buts, Eclipse, Rich_2001, Chris Broadbent, Jagaways, David Kearsley, Vishnu Reddy.

David Kearsley in for a possible OD debut. Ferd out.

------

Standings attached.

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Liam, Mr Ponting is still to miss the One Day game - I believe I sent you a squad of 12 for this game last week?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
No, it is the former.

The team is more important than the individual.
Yes, but you said it is good to not see a player showing team > individual.

But steds was showing team over individual?

I'm confused. :wacko:

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
Well after yesterday's loss I'm hoping it was just a glitch in the Matrix.
Hopefully we'll keep up the semi-form we had for a few games and get a win today.

GO REDS!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
Yes, but you said it is good to not see a player showing team > individual.

But steds was showing team over individual?

I'm confused. :wacko:

Good point, well made, my mistake.

It was clear what the inference of my point was though :p

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Only 2 players have more than 150 wickets in FC cricket - Lucky Eddie and Neil Pickup. Therefore it's no surprise that only 1 player has 1500 runs to boot. Guess who. :)
You stated that I did it in my county cricket stint too, plus I have 1000 runs, hence my question. If Eddie's got 1500, Neil under 500 (!) then I must be one of 2 to do it.